Dorset ND4 Tow hook cover painting

Hi All - my 2019 ND4 in Soul Red Crystal has lost the front tow hook cover. I have seen other comments across the boards about the difficulty getting a colour match if I do it myself. I’m in Dorset, so any recommendations of a good body or paint shop that might be able to manage would be a huge help.

Otherwise, if I DIY, any recommendations on paint suppliers and best technique?

Cheers!

1st of, what’s an ND4 ?? lol

2019 to today are all known as ND2’s

On just a toe eye cover it shouldn’t be too hard as the match wouldn’t need to be 100% perfect like a panel would be…

Any half decent body shop should be able to cope with it pretty easy… Id even be tempted to rattle can on such a small part if your confident…

In any case hope you get it sorted…

I’d be tempted to give it a go myself, as long as you wet sand between coats and take your time you should be able to get a good finish.

ND4’s what we call a typo !! lol

1 Like

Go onto Facebook and look up the TouchUp Paint Factory. Buy a spray tin of their Soul Red and do it yourself. Preparation and take your time is the key.

Just be aware that Soul Red and Soul Red Crystal are not the same colour before you start buying paint…

Eek! Hadn’t thought of Soul Red and Soul Red Crystal being different - thanks for the reminder.

use Halfords plastic primer first. then the top cote.

Mx5 parts £14.28p

A good shout, but they don’t do Soul Red Crystal. I’ve used this paint myself before with Soul Red (41V) and got good results doing my air vent surrounds, just also be aware if Soul Red Crystal is anything like Soul Red it is split into 2 separate coats, the top coat being the candy coat, the initial base coat looks nothing like red and is like a kind of Topaz colour, only once the candy coat goes on does it look Red.

Took my dealer 3 attempts before I was happy when mine disappeared of my 25AE :expressionless:

Did my mudflaps in Soul Red. It comes in 3 cans as it’s a 3 pack paint. A perfect match if you take your time.

nice job, what No. 25AE did you get?

My local dealer backed away muttering about ‘not soul red crystal again, uh-uh’ and refused to deal with it. Pointed me at their 3rd party touch up chap who also refused. I got the hint I should do it myself!