Drifting Days With Mot, £65 - Several Dates available

We are delighted to announce, due to popular demand several dates available throughout the 2009 period at Curborough sprint track dedicated to Drifting!

Thursday 5th March
Thursday 7th May
Thursday 9th July
Thursday 24th September

All £65. These will differ slightly to the ones last year in that they will be dedicated purely to drifters, and twinning will be allowed (if you have drift licenses). Helmets not required if your not twinning.

We can run 2-3 cars on track at once, and will operate a cueing system. We are limiting numbers to make sure everyone gets some decent seat time.

This is a great little circuit with high quality MSA tarmac, and seems to be pretty good on tyres. Every hour we will reverse the circuit, it’s totally different the other way round and offers a brand new challenge.

Days start at 10:00am and finish at 5pm. Signing on is between 9am-9.30am and there is an informal safety briefing at 9:30 which will last no longer than 5 minutes. Then you will have 20 mins prep time when the track will then open.

You will be drifting the right hand part of the track - round Flagpole to Fradley Hairpin. The start straight is a cooling down loop.

The Circuit:

Are there tyre changing facilities? No, but there is a Kwik-Fit near by. :thumbs:

How to get to Curborough:
If you’re strapped for cash or just don’t fancy the toll road, turn off the M6 at junction four and turn right onto the A446 (north). This runs north, parallel to the M42 and the M6 Toll, up to a junction with the A38, which you can now follow north to the Fradley Park turn.
From the A38 Fradley Park turn off:

The turn off (left) towards the circuit is signposted with brown signs.

The track entrance is on the right after about 50 yards and is very obvious, at least in daylight. After the gates, follow the access road as it passes to the left of the toilet block then takes a very sharp right and heads to the camping / unloading area behind the pits.

How to book!

Mazda on Track Drift Days - OPEN TO ALL MAKES AND MODELS OF CARS

Hope to see a few faces back again - it’s a great day out and now that it is a fully dedicated drift day, it should be a tower of awesome-ness!

Al :smiley:

P.S Apologies for poor formatting - This forum doesn’t seem to accept my paragraphs?!

I have just bought a LSD diff so I will be joining you this year for one of these.

Doing an airfield day on March 6th so it won’t be that one.

Any chance of finding a venue that has a little more run off than Cur?

Paul

It’s all low speed stuff, so there is no danger of hitting stuff. If you can do this at Haynes, Curbourough is no problem.

http://www.vimeo.com/2331877

Steadily corrupting sensible drivers [6]

I thought I may have a drive down on Thursday and spectate, anyone from here going or taking part?

Marcus

Check with MoT, but I don’t think they will be there…

I’ve just been informed that the event is cancelled as Curborough will not allow it anymore[:(].