Driver's window issue after regulator change

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ND 2015
  2. I’m based near: __West Sussex
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __window operation

Have recently changed the driver’s side regulator. Used an IL motorsport complete unit including the motor purchased from MX5 parts. After completion the window worked fine for a few days but now it is doing weird things. After turning the engine off when I open the door the window goes all the way down. To get it back up I have to open the passenger door push the start button twice and the reach across to the switch to close the window. Also if I open the roof the window stays fully up and does not drop half way and the one push fully down operation isn’t working! I’ve had the door card back off today to check all connections and they look good. Any thoughts please?

Do you need to teach the window it’s limits like other cars ??

Push down switch - keep it held until 5 secs after window stops moving.
Pull up switch - keep it pulled until 5 secs after window stops moving.

1 Like

I did try various limit sets, it worked initially fine. Not tried the 5 second down and up though, will do that tomorrow, thank you.

The window motor has 2 hall sensors in it to send window position information back to the power window control unit. I wonder if there is an issue with these sensors. Might be worth plugging the old motor back in and seeing how that behaves even with no mechanism attached.

I did wonder if there is a fault with the new motor, I suppose if I just unplug from the new motor and plug back in the old and see what happens. Failing that I will contact the supplier.