DRL fitting in South East Hants/West SUssex

Lockdown will finish soon and hopefully we can all get out more! :wink:
I looked into that (longevity) as well and hence why I bought the Ring ones.
Obviously we have to rely on the companies information.
Agreed no high performance bulb will last as long as the standard one.
Mine arriving next week.
Time will tell of course. :+1:

RW1577

Xenon150 H7 performance halogen headlamp. Upgrade to get more light on the road - up to 150% more than a standard headlamp. With a longer beam pattern, Xenon150s allow you to see hazards sooner, and the whiter light - colour temperature 3700K - gives better reflections from road markings and signs. An easy upgrade to improve your driving experience and get a white, high spec look - no wiring changes needed.

Xenon150 bulbs are extensively tested to ensure that they give excellent brightness, in the right spot on the road. And unlike other +150% brighter bulbs, there is no compromise on life compared to other high performance halogens.

The brightest, longest lasting +150% brighter performance halogen there is.

1 Like

Excellent.
Could you perhaps take a pic with just one new headlamp fitted and working, so we can all see the difference??

:slight_smile:

1 Like

On my NBFL Mk2.5 I used these; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-1156-P21W-S25-BA15S-42LED-Switchback-White-DRL-Amber-Turn-Signal-Light-UK/324351707820?hash=item4b84de4aac:g:zx4AAOSwBL9fmSsx
Fitted myself and powered by a fusebox piggy back connector like this; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-PIGGY-BACK-BLADE-FUSE-HOLDER-TAP-12V-AUTOBEAM/254723414964?hash=item3b4eb2dbb4:g:D7wAAOSwPqpeP0d7

All easy to fit and wire up to fusebox.

My car had yellow indicator bulbs under a clear lens so this option works fine for me, if the NC has yellow glass then this will not work for you.

1 Like

I used switchback LEDs. £20 from eBay and and then a 12v to 12v voltage regulator to stop the car burning out the white part of the DRL. Then I used a relay connected to the sidelights to switch them off when side or head lights are switched on.

Not my video, but this is what they look like.

Gone through two MOTs now and no problems

1 Like

Love to do this in addition to the foglight DRL ‘conversion’.
However, not all of us are as confident with electrics and wiring as you appear to be.
Maybe you could sell some kits with comprehensive instructions??

1 Like

So first of all I’d like to apologise for slagging off the instructions - I couldn’t get the bulbs to fit so it had to be the instructions fault…

Next time I’ll try not to replace the headlight bulbs with fog light bulbs, and fog light bulbs with sidelight bulbs!

Easy to fit in the end, didn’t need to remove the header tank as could reach in easily. Fogs were a little more fiddly but 10mins each did the job including removing the plastic panels.

Couple of pics for you - in the dark I’m afraid but will post some more tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.

Very happy with the results so far - headlights next I think.!

(upload://101FRQNZOjae2aw5SS8uys3vn43.jpeg) !

2 Likes

Yup, much better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed the 3 musketeers now!:+1::wink:
Still waiting for my H7’s to arrive.

2 Likes

This car belonged to the late Neil aka mac5 who only passed away this year, he also made this video and others like it…

1 Like

Which car?

MX55 Wide Open Throttle
The green car

1 Like

H7 report???

Sorry only arrived 2 days ago, too wet and cold and have some very important stuff to sort out first. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, not been great has it…

Well, in the end I got around to it and fitted Philips WhiteVision Ultra 4200 Kelvin Sharp White Look H7’s for the headlights and Ring 100% (RW1005’s) HB3’s for the main beam on Friday.
(I put the other Ring 150% H7’s I had in my Volvo as it only took 5 minutes).
The main beam is quite straightforward removal/fitting from the top.
The H7’s, well…
Has to be a wheel liner partial removal to get at those and then you need to fiddle with those retaining clips which are easy if you can see them properly!
I guess you “could” do it from the top by partial removal of the bits in the way and with very small hands.

They do look good though, when it gets dark (and I remember) I will pop a photo on here for you. I haven’t done one side Vs the other as it would have been far too time consuming.

2 Likes

sorry if i’m over complicating this :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: , but …
are these the bulbs for the NC MK3.75 that turn the fog lamps into DRL’s

[/quote]

1 Like

That looks like them, yes.

1 Like

Any particular reason for using two different makes??

Good question!
From memory I think at the time we were all chasing the “white” light.
The Ring ones were 3700K and the Philips ones are 4200K.
Just tried to find the best white H7’s.
Will I be able to tell the difference?
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever!

3 Likes

They are the ones I put in mine along with the Twenty Twenty LED side light bulbs, (as recommended by 999to5). :+1:

3 Likes