DRL fitting in South East Hants/West SUssex

Are you pleased???

Another good question :joy:
I have no idea really.
Last night I had a very sad episode in the dark garage, but could not form any opinion. :roll_eyes:

I am off out shortly, so will leave it out and have a looksy in the dark later.
The Ring ones are better in my Volvo mind.
I AM impressed with the LED side and H11’s though. :+1:

1 Like

Okay, quick drive in the dark and yes seems to have more white light on the road.
Both dipped and indeed main beam.
The H7’s do seem to have the “Whiter” light against the standard yellow as can be seen against the LED H11’s.
Not the greatest quality photo’s, but you get the gist. :+1:
Perhaps that’s what I wanted to see, who knows… :man_shrugging:
All road legal, so happy.

1. Just LED side lights.
  2. LED side lights and LED H 11’s.
  3. As 1 and 2 plus The Philips H7’s as above post.
  4. Just the Philips H 7’s.

2 Likes

For the information of the users (and indeed anyone else interested) on this thread.
I researched LED Brake/Tail light bulbs and found these.
A little optimistic, but they arrived promptly, easy to fit and a VAST improvement on the halogen bulbs.
Offered £12 and was accepted, (try lower?).
All the best. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks - have you got before/after pics of the lights at night? Be great to see if they make much difference.

:blush:

1 Like

I knew you would ask that!:joy:
I didn’t think until after. :roll_eyes:
I can attach some after pictures and you can perhaps compare with yours?
They are much more defined and indeed brighter though. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Soda law! Yes please to the after pics though!

In the garage I know, but BRIGHT!
The centre one is Led as standard, so now a matching set. :+1:
Nearly bought the W16W for the reverse light, but they only come in packs of two. (Same seller).

2 Likes

Use the other one as the rear fog light.
The led reversing light makes a huge difference

1 Like

I looked at that, but the fog light is a W21W 7440 and the reverse light is a W16W 921 sadly.
But will probably just do it and use the other one some where.

2 Likes

More work for me at the weekend then! Thanks for posting the pics, glad we’ve found some bulbs between us

1 Like

Come to think of it, i do have vague recollections of putting a red LED in there for extra brightness from the foglight, so it couldn’t have been a matching pair.

No staggered pins for correct orientation??
How do you get the stop and tail functions the right way round??
Pleased to see they’re red LEDs for extra brightness :sun_with_face:

I thought that.
“No polarity design, plug&play, easy installation”.(Which seems to be true).
Either a lucky guess fitting both bulbs or that is the way they are designed. :man_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, I am (trying to!) install the Switchback Indicators from Moss at the moment. As a retired electrical technician I have no problem with the wiring but I am struggling to physically install the Switchbacks into the original indicator opening. I can access it just, but pushing the rubber Switchback grommet in is proving…challenging! Did you need to trim the rear most part of the grommet?
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Try a bit of lube 🫣

1 Like

Is this in an NC? If it is they should go in fairly easily. Are you going at it after pulling the wheel liners back?

1 Like

Hiya, yes it is an NC (Mk3.75). I have pulled the upper liner back and can reach the rear of the headlight housing but just can not push the larger rear most portion of the bulb holder into the outer housing aperture. The bulb itself goes in but just sits there loose.
Thank you for your response though, I will try with a little more push and some silicon grease.

I can’t recall exactly, but I don’t think it is a rock solid fit like the original bulb may be. As long as the rubber shroud is in far enough to allow the cut-out in it to engage all round then it should be okay.
If you are interested you can mod the flasher relay
[[NC] LED Hyper Flash Fix for NC!!!!!!!!!!! - MX-5 Miata Forum]
Or
[NC Hyperflash fix for LED signals - MX-5 Miata Forum]

1 Like