Drop link recommendations for my mk3

I think the Milwaukee impact will be coming out to play :grin:

2 Likes

Interested to see if that works or just rotates the ball in the socket which is all mine did on the couple with the rounded off internal hex. I think you need to hold the ball or at least the flanged end.

It may not work on bolts made of cheese :grin:

I’ve mentioned this before but a 10mm x 1.25 pitch die nut can be run down the exposed thread with some release oil and then the joint will undo as intended. I like having the tools that make a job easier.
Like this or similar,

2 Likes

Very true!

If all else fails then it’s the angle grinder and goggles :grin:

Are you saying Febi Bilstein are the same Bilstein that do the suspension units used on our 5’s, just when you contact Febi Bilstein they say they aren’t.I also can’t find anything on line linking both companies.

1 Like

They are a subsidiary company who only deal with the after market “copy” parts, not the OE Bilstein parts, so for example they don’t or can’t supply the Bilstein dampers as fitted to some mx5’s. If you google thyssenkrupp Bilstein GmbH you will see how the company is organised into the different divisions for OE and aftermarket. They use the Blueprint brand to move them a step away from the OE Bilstein branding.

Sorry I was checking last night all over I can’t find anything that links the Bilstein group to thyssenkrupp, I can for Bilstein but not the Ferdinand Bilstein Group which I was on the understanding was a different company to Bilstein do you have a link I could follow please.

1 Like

My local garage has quoted me £98 parts and labour for both fronts so I’ll let them do the swearing!

and they did it whilst waited in reception so I couldn’t hear any cursing!

How long did they drag it out for,you probably didn’t have time for a coffee

A couple of hours which passed quickly. They have all the tools, I don’t and after reading some of the travails that other members have experience, I consider my money was well spent.
A N Other garage quoted me £286 and a local branch of a national tyre company said £200 + depending!

1 Like