Duxford, update, and how to book tickets

Hi all, now bare with this. It’s a bit long winded, but it’s the only way to book your tickets for Duxford on Aug 26th car show  I hope it doesn’t put you off coming.

So here goes: (1) tap in ’ Iwm duxford’ into your browser.

(2) hit ’ search’. Put in ’ Car shows’

(3) scroll down to ’ exhibition and event’ ( pics of cars, quite obvious)

(4) tap icon/pic, when the next screen comes up, scroll down again until you find the same pic. Tap it again. To go to next screen. 

(5) on this screen  under the pic, is some blurb about the show. At the bottom of the paragraph you’ll see, ‘book tickets here’ ( here is in Red)

(6) click ‘here’ to go to Next screen. Ignore all the blurb, just hit ’ next’.

(7) on this screen, enter promo code ’ SCS18’ ( letters are all capitals 

(8) scroll down to boxes. Enter how many tickets you want ( don’t forget it’s PP, not per car) then scroll down to the last box ’ vehicle parking permits’ put in x1.

(9) continue to next page to pay. It will ask you for an email address, and your personal address etc, so it can send you via email, your tickets.

Your tickets can be shown on your phone at the gate, but the parking permit must be printed off and on your dashboard upon entry, otherwise they won’t let you in. 

May just be easier to print off both items to save time and hassle. 

So there you go. A pain in the butt, but in reality it’ll only take five minutes. 

Now then, I’ve booked space for 30+ cars. So far I’ve had 8 confirm interest.

So come on, let’s make it bigger than last year 25 cars.

Also, please continue to email me your details if you want to go, so I can keep an eye on numbers…  dacutt60@gmail.com

Cheers. 

Firstly thank you for the guide. Just booked & paid. Now just got to find a nice place to stay the night before.

John

Hi John,

Try this hotel, we have stayed there several times and its only 3minutes away from event…

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/cambridge/cbgdk/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-GB-_-CBGDK

I think, more by luck than judgement I’ve managed to pay for the wife and myself, plus booked in MiXi.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again.

Cheers,

Paul & Aileen G