E10 Fuel question

Hi All

I apologise if this is in the wrong section - please advise if it is. I heard a radio ad about E10 fuel this morning which I wasn’t aware of.
Thing is, we have a Mk1 1.8iS (1994) that we’ve owned since about 2001. We moved to France with her and registered her over there in about 2007. Our local fuel stop was a supermarket (E. Leclerc) which, I now understand, was probably selling E10 since 2009. If that’s the case, I will have ignorantly been pouring the stuff into the car since then until about 2014 when she was driven back to the UK and where she’s been in dry-storage ever since. In that time, other than a vague notion that she didn’t seem to be as economical as she used to be, I noticed nothing untoward with the car and she never missed a beat.
We now want to get her re-registered and back on the road in the UK but that will probably be just in time for this E10 roll out. Having looked into the matter this morning, I’m wondering what I need to do, if anything, to ensure that she remains healthy. Given that she showed no huge negative response to the likely use of E10 in the past, should I do anything to accommodate the stuff now? I think I’d prefer to use “proper” fuel that she was designed to drink but will this require additives or any other changes? As she’s going to be brought out of storage soon, I’d like to understand a little more about this so would appreciate any wisdom.

1. My model of MX-5 is: 1994 1.8iS - 60,000miles
  2. I’m based near: Exeter, Devon
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: E10 Fuel
1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: New fuel e10