East Kent meet?

Hi all

I’m Barry and I’ve recently rejoined the club after getting my third MX-5, an NC PRHT 2ltr Auto in Metropolitan grey.

I live in Beltinge, just outside of sunny Herne Bay in Kent. Not far from Canterbury.

Anyway, can someone give me an update about my nearest meet, venue, day etc please? I’d like to meet some like minded MX-5 5 nutz!!

I’ve been a member for nearly two years and I’ve never seen a posting for a Kent event.

Only just joined myself, think you will find details on their Facebook page there is a lot planned for this year i believe. I know they have a meet planned for the 20th of this month nr Canterbury. There normal meet is in Paddock Wood this is on the last Sunday of the month.

Have a look at their page and message the organisers if you want to be added to the newsletter

That’s fine - but some of us don’t have Facebook…. And have zero intention of ever getting it.

1 Like

I do use FB but I’m still struggling to find info on my particular part of Kent. I can see details of the group that meets in Paddock Wood lead by Les, but not the North Kent group. I believe Sarah leads on that one.

Can anyone help with info? Much appreciated :pray:

Did you get any feedback on this?

There certainly seems to be a lack of things happening in the North / East Kent area, despite the fact I regularly see friendly MX5 drivers when out and about. There were 3 of us in the cinema car park when I went to see Top Gun last week :slight_smile:

Not wanting to rock the boat as a new member myself, but I wonder if relying on Facebook for the Kent area is a good idea, as it seems to run the risk of splitting the audience. As an example, there’s an MX5 Championship meet at Brands Hatch in a few weeks (25th / 26th June) which has had a post on FB with a bit of interest, but nothing here, and the Events Diary is blank for Kent.

Anyway… I’d be up for a laid back / low key East Kent meet every now and again. I have a young family so all day weekend jaunts are a bit tricky as I’m generally busy being dad’s taxi, but an evening meetup for a coffee and a chat somewhere interesting would be very welcome. Anywhere east of Brenley Corner (M2 J7) would suit me.

There are a number of events coming up over the next few weeks, Les sends out a monthly newsletter email so perhaps anyone interested could email him on kent@mx5oc.co.uk and ask to be included.

For info

26th June Brands Hatch they have secured a 50 car pitch in front of the main grandstand area. Tickets £14 per person.

3rd July Hythe to Rye Harbour run

10th July Sandwich classic car show. £8 show entry fee

Les is the organiser and Sarah is the Facebook administrator

1 Like

I’ll be at Brands on the 26th… though sadly in the “MX-5 Support Vehicle” as it’s tricky to fit wife and kids in the MX-5 :slight_smile:

I’ll get myself on the list - thanks.

1 Like

See you there.

The events page on Facebook doesn’t appear to be up to date?