Easter Show at Weston-super-Mare cancelled?

I have just been told by a reliable source that the annual Easter car show on Weston-super-Mare beach lawns has been cancelled. I know there has been a substantial number of OC members there in previous years, so if anyone can confirm this news, it may stop a lot of members wasting a lot of time trying to attend a show that won’t be happening.

I’ve also been told that the lesser known, but regular and still very enjoyable car shows in Grove Park in Weston will also not take place this year. My source has told me that it’s all down to excessive financial demands from the local council, but again I can’t personally confirm that.

Any member got any information on any of this?

It will be a real shame if these shows are all cancelled as I do know that they have made serious money for local charities over the years.

Paul

I know there were no replies to my original post, but just in case there is anyone out there , I’ve just been told that the Easter Show should be taking place after all. It seems like some sort of compromise has been reached and that every vehicle on show will be charged an entry fee (probably £2.00) in the hope that it should cover the council’s demands.

That’s really good news as it has always been a great event.

Paul