Eastern - Derbyshire Weekender - Friday May 10th to Sunday May 12th - Staying at The Premier Inn, Buxton

Good Afternoon

The North-West Norfolk (Kings Lynn) Meet, in conjunction with Burton, Lesley and other members of the Peaks and Pennines Region have arranged a weekend away in Derbyshire from Friday 10th May to Sunday 12th May, staying at the Premier Inn, Buxton. (see details below)

Whilst we would love to make this an open event, hotel accommodation and the logistics of keeping a large group of cars together in unfamiliar territory simply does not permit it, therefore, we are afraid we are limiting this event to 20 cars. (places will be allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis).

Plans are in the preliminary stage, however, this is the likely itinerary:

Day 1. Friday 10th May: Meet at The Premier Inn, Kings Lynn, (A17 / A47, Pullover roundabout) at 11:00hrs. Travel to Buxton via the A17 to Newark, A617 to Mansfield / Chesterfield, A619 to Ashford in the Water, before picking up the A6 into Buxton.

Day 2. Saturday 11th May: Burton and Lesley Marshland (Joint A/C’s Peaks and Pennines), have kindly agreed to plan and lead a 125 - 150 mile run that takes in the best driving roads and scenery in the Peak District, (other members of the Peaks and Pennines will join us at The Derwent Dam), for the remainder of the run.

Day 3. Sunday 12th May: After breakfast, we plan to visit The Great British Car Journey Museum near Matlock, (optional) before returning home.

If you are unable to join us at the above mentioned meeting point, might we suggest that if that is the case it would be easier to meet at The Premier Inn, Buxton on Friday 10th or even Saturday 11th (by 09:30hrs)

If you would like to join us on what we think will be a fantastic weekend, please let us know by Sunday 10th March 2024. (If you do wish to join us please ensure you make your own booking).

Kind regards

Barry and Andy

Premier Inn
131 London Road, Buxton, Derbyshire
SK17 9NW
Phone: 0333 234 6459
Buxton Hotel | Premier Inn
Sat Nav Directions: SK17 9NW
What 3 Words: ///couch.irrigate.state

Currently Booked:

Mark and Emma Pratt (E)
Barry and Jenny Grigg (E)
Mark and Carole Hoare (E)
Ingrid and Roger Jennings (E)
Joe and Vera Brown (E)
Andy and Jo Davies (E)
Simon and Claire Legg (E)
Kevin and Karen Ball (E)
Barry and Sue Parker (E)
Andrew and Hilly Scarlett (E)
Tony and Helen Messenger (E)
Rod and Theresa Atkins (NT)
Peter Moss (E)

Guy (Saturday Drive Only)

1 Like

Hello.
This sounds like fun but I don’t fit into either region.
Are guests welcome for the Saturday only?

Thanks,

Guy

Guy

Good Morning

Thanks for contacting us regarding the Derbyshire Weekender, as a friendly and welcoming region, we would be happy for you to join us for the Saturday of our weekend escapade,. I will confirm the full details with you once everything is in place and timings have been finalised.

Incidentally, which area are you from, just so that I know how far afield we are attracting O/C Members.

Kind regards

Barry

1 Like

Hi Barry, that’s great thanks.
I’m in Lincoln so it will give me the excuse I need to get over to the Peaks.
Having a local guide for the better roads will be ideal.
I’ll keep an eye out for updates.

Cheers,
Guy

Hi all, I would like to join this please. Peter Moss (1). I will now book the Friday and Saturday night at the Prem Inn. Hope ok. May well travel direct from Ipswich on the Friday but will decide nearer the time and advise.

Thanks peter.

Hi Peter

Great to have you along for the ride.

Happy for you to join us at whatever point you wish.

Kind regards

Barry

Thanks Barry.

Best wishes peter

Guy

Good Afternoon

With our trip to Derbyshire just about 4 weeks away, I thought it might be appropriate to contact you with regarding what, when, were and how the weekend is looking.

My plan is to prepare a ‘pack’ for each car/driver, which will be emailed to you approx: 7 days before we leave and will include the following information:

1. Route to Buxton / Rendezvous Point(s) / Times

1st Premier Inn, 12 Clenchwarton Road, King’s Lynn PE34 3LW - 10:45 to leave at 11:00
2nd Anglia Motel, A17, Holbeach, Lincs PE12 8LT - 11:15 to leave at 11:20
3rd McDonald’s, Lincoln Road, Newark On Trent, NG24 2DB - 12:45 to leave at 13:15

1. Itinerary / Departure Time from Buxton / Route Maps for the drive around Derbyshire / Tea and Pee stops etc etc. I have recently spoken to Burton Marshland, (Peaks and Pennines), who is finalising the route this week.

2. Itinerary and Route to The Great British Car Journey, Ambergate, Derbyshire SAT NAV Postcode: DE56 2HE what3words: ///dangerously.bloomers.fingernails (if needed)

3. Route Home (for some)

As we have members from North Thames and Lincolnshire joining us, you may wish to make your own way to Buxton and back home again, however if you do wish to join us you are most welcome.

I will of course let you know if anything changes between now and the 10th, however, at this point in time all looks to be OK.

Kind regards

Barry

1 Like

Exciting news. Thanks Barry.
In all likelihood I will probably aim to join everyone on Saturday morning ready for the off.
I will keep an eye out for timings in due course.

I’ve also sent a formal request for good weather to the relevant department. :wink:

Now I just need to fix my car in time for the event :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Guy

Hi Guy

Good Luck with all that, I suspect the car will be a little easier to fix rather than the weather, but, to that end I will start my ‘sundance’ a week or so before hand in the hope we have at least a dry weekend :laughing:
Further details to follow as soon as I have them.

Kind regards

Barry

1 Like