Ebay classified or Autotrader?

Well if people don’t look at the figures when buying on pcp, they probably don’t care about getting ripped off.
The shortage of stock is apparently a scam generated by the industry itself: do you remember the photos of those 3 or so years old cars held up in fields at the end of their pcp?

1 Like

Still some bargains to be had mick if your quick :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

I’ve had a rummage on Gumtree Bally, not a normal search place for me. Intrigued by one on there, we’ll see what the next few days bring.

1 Like

Your Motorway suggestion might just save me a load of time/hassle. They’ve come in at £200 lower than I’ve advertised it on here for.
Seems too good to be true, no fees, pick it up from home address, instant payment. Unless they try and knock it down on inspection, looks like a no brainer.

If you look on Pistonheads, there lots of people getting great buy back offers from the likes of Motorway. For £200 difference (even less when you take into account the cost of an Autotrader ad), no hassle and someone coming to your door, why would you bother dealing with the great unwashed. :mask:

2 Likes

no idea about selling but I can tell you that as a recent car buyer.
in the 2 years that I spent looking for my mx5.
I ONLY used Autotrader.
it never occurred to me for even 1 second to look on eBay for a car, parts yes, cars NO.
as for Facebook! I avoid it like the plague it is!
as for all the other car sites, again I just didn’t think of them.

I did look on car buyer once but only long enough to realize i didn’t like the interface and couldn’t be bothered to learn it.

1 Like

I only looked on Autotrader when I got my first 5, which turned out to be a rust bucket that cost me a fortune to fix. My part time job is now delivering and increasingly collecting cars for a dealer group. They have been sourced through Motorway and the owners seem happy with the price they got and the no hassle experience.

Word of warning with Gumtree, it is RIFE with con artists trying to get your details by offering you the asking price by text or email and wanting delivery etc etc - rule of thumb, if it sounds even vaguely too good an offer to be true, it isn’t!

I bought Nugget on facebook and it was a find. But I no longer have time for the platform so would probably go with Autotrader next time or with the OC. Same if I sold.

For my recent purchase I bought off Autotrader, although the same car was advertised on CarGuru as well. Car Guru at least in theory tells you how long a car has been advertised and if the price has moved, which might be useful but I’m not sure this was accurate in practice.

One thing I was surprised at was that NCs back to pre facelift are still being sold as approved used by Mazda with a 12 month warranty and next MOT insurance. Obviously at a premium but if you are going to pay for a warranty anyway worth considering.