Ecu voltage supply wiring

Hi,

Anyone know a safe fix for this, power wire to ecu needs to be re inserted.

Many thanks

It looks like the wire has melted, so the connector in the plug will need replacing too.
I seem to remember that unlike the ecu connector plugs you can actually remove the connector from the plug in the photo. I would do that and get a replacement from somewhere, perhaps with enough wire attached for one solder and heat shrink join. Make sure it is the correct guage and cause of initial short identified.
May be able to help with a connector and stub wiring, if required.

1 Like

If you have a connector for sale and some wiring please let me know and i will purchase them from you.
Just want the car back on the road.

Thank you very much for your help.

Did the insulation melt off the wire? If so that would typically be because of a poor connection in the plug, so the pins in the plug and socket ought to be checked and replaced if they’re damaged. I guess it’s also possible a break in the wire might account for the heating too, so the pins may be okay.

Still, it’ll need a new crimp pin to reconnect the wire. It’ll be possible to eject the pin out the back of that plug and replace it with a new one, though it might need a special tool to slip in and press a barb on the side of the pin so it can slide out.

If the plug can be identified, it might be cheap and easy to get new pins from here: https://www.auto-click.co.uk/ What model is the car? [edit to add] Just noticed the post is in the NC Electrics area. Blush.

1 Like

Hi, ive opened the plug. Metal connector had been removed. Wire its self had snapped inside the plug. I now need a new connector that I can put the wire into and insert it from the back.
I really appreciate all the help this community offers.

Mines a 2006 2.0.