Effin lunatic.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5386987/Dashcam-footage-shows-Bentley-smashing-car.html

Plumb crazy.

If only he’d had the hood down…may have saved a court case.

February 2018 story. Takes Mail readers 20 months to get angry about something. So long, that Plumb has long served his sentence.

Mail uses language of envy; should it make any difference what the value of the car was?

Read far worse articles where  the bottom of barrel scraping to appeal to ordinary people much more obvious.

The innocent driver was very lucky although his otherwise placid and pleasant day completely ruined.

You can hear an expletive after the impact which is always a good sign.

Bentley was going fast for the road but nowhere near 85mph. I suspect alcohol or possibly drugs involved somewhere but as this not mentioned guess the police took their time to track him down. How does one trace a person by the blood left on an airbag? Surely they waited for him to hand himself in at the police station after the intoxicants had worn off. Blood from airbag would confirm that he was the driver but a simple ownership check at the DVLA would have been the first logical step to trace the owner.         

Probably not far off 85mph.  I know where that is, the Bentley is probably in view for a little over 2 seconds and around 100 metres.  The previous vehicle takes about 8 seconds between the same 2 points.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6682138,-0.6234093,147m/data=!3m1!1e3

Prior traffic convictions or others would ensure the driver was on a police central database.  Driver was a night club owner, probably the Bentley  (BO55DKY) was not registered in his name, but in the name of a company.

Good grounds for compulsory national DNA database covering the entire population. I would go further, and call for population level genomic sequencing. It will save lives, and the 100K project showed this is doable, and cost effective.

The blood is proof of who was in the drivers seat. Quite deniable otherwise.