Eibach 30mm Sports Springs Set, MX5 Mk3

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 1.8
  2. I’m based near: __Bromley
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __replacement springs set

Hi all,
Am thinking of replacing my standard springs with the Eibach 30mm set from MX5 parts which should improve handing without breaking the bank. Any recommendations for doing this or any negative experiences? Also anything else I should be looking at replacing - drop links etc?
Lastly, is this something a home DIY’er could do?

Thanks all.

Before you start looking to upgrade the suspension, make sure all 8 camber bolts are free and adjustable, 4 at the front 4 at the back.

1 Like

Get a proper alignment done once you have the springs fitted. Personally I have had no problems once fitted but others have, mainly grounding on speed humps are in pot holes. Just make sure all the wishbone bolts are only fully tightened once the vehicle is taking the weight on the tyres not floating free. While you are under there it might be worth doing the drop links but be prepared for seized nuts which may need to be cut off.

I bought these: Buy Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Spring Kit - E10-55-010-05-22 | Demon Tweeks
No issues following install:

1 Like

Hi

I just had this done last week with the kit that nickm0864 has recommended. I can honestly say it has improved the handling ten fold!! Also I had fitted 4 new Uniroyal Rain sport 5 tyres and handles fantastic.

I used these guys
https://www.rtecshop.co.uk/

Highly recommended and have used them last year to fit a Scorpion cat to back exhaust system.

1 Like

Yes Eibach is a good choice, a serious spring manufacture that produce a good quality. May be look at Demon Tweeks where club members get a discount.

1 Like

I was also thinking of changing my springs.
and after making a thread on here to discuss it.
I ended up changing my mind and going for coil-overs.
it is too much for me to type out again so il will just link the thread!
I hope it helps.

the part you really need to think about is the fact that you could actually end up with your car riding higher than you started!!
because, depending on the age your car it could have already dropped quite a lot!

I have to say that this is unlikely unless the car has already been “altered “ as unfortunately many of them have with questionable parts and by people who don’t know or understand what they are doing. Service mechanics are not immune from this either. It’s often a question of cost as changing springs and shocks at the same time plus labour puts you in coil over territory.

Hi,my NC has the Mazda kit fitted from new. It sits much better with less gap above the wheels and the handling is much improved over standard.
Having driven a standard car I found it OK but floaty over fast crests.
Beware of speed humps though. 5mph diagonally for me :joy::joy:

yes, this work can be done at home by pretty much anyone!
personally, I am going to have mine done by an experienced modding mechanic but that’s because I don’t wanna be rolling around on the floor in the cold and I am having adjustable coil-overs fitted, which is something iv never done before. and I have a lot of friends that are experienced, modding mechanics.(a carryover from a manta days)

it is a good idea to have new rear antiroll bar drop links handy as your old ones are probably rusted on!
depending on the age of the car.
(I’m doing this)

you might want to get yourself the bushes for the front top a frame’s.
(I’m doing this also)

also,
is your car an NC1 NC2 or NC3?
what is the age of your car?
and lastly what is the current ride height?