Electrics

Question: no indicators, engine warning light, no stereo, and no interior lights all fuses good. car runs all other electrics work as normal. car is a 1.8 Nevada been told to check relays but no idea which to look at.

Members mention look at the room fuse first, I think the Mk2’s have them. I’m not sure with electrics so will leave someone else to take this up and maybe confirm the room fuse bit.

I checked all the fuses MickAP it does have a room fuse 10 amp ok but no power to it??

Agree with above. You have checked the fuses in the main fusebox under the bonnet but the fuse we suspect is causing issue is in a secondary fusebox up under the dash to the right of the driver’s knee mounted on the right side. Easiest way to check these small fuses is with a multimeter on continuity as no need to remove them or get a microscope out. 

I checked all the fuses MickAP it does have a room fuse 10 amp ok but no power to it??’ Just crossed posts so already covered - ignition switch? - the plastic block on the back of the ignition. Perhaps the contacts have burnt out.    

I’m afraid unless you have a multimeter and a reasonable idea of car electrics it is a case of getting someone who does know to have a look at the car.

It is easy to cause damage here and get a high voltage into the ECU if you are not 100% on the ball.

Not a criticism of yourself but a good few bad experiences of electrical fault finding on modern cars by those who should have left it to others.

[quote=Drumtochty]
I’m afraid unless you have a multimeter and a reasonable idea of car electrics it is a case of getting someone who does know to have a look at the car.

It is easy to cause damage here and get a high voltage into the ECU if you are not 100% on the ball.

Not a criticism of yourself but a good few bad experiences of electrical fault finding on modern cars by those who should have left it to others.

I have checked the fuses with a multimeter it was an easier task than pulling each fuse there is no power going to the room fuse so I think I agree it needs looking at by a auto electrician. thanks for your help and advice.

[quote=TJStoke]

Did you get this sorted/ identify the issue?

[quote=Injury Time]

[quote=TJStoke]

Did you get this sorted/ identify the issue?

[/ all sorted broken wire between relays and fuse box. quick fix by my local garage under 1 hour to trace and repair.