electrics

Hi guys,

a couple of months ago my doors started locking themselves, and when i turn the ignition off the radio light stays on, i was woken up in the early hrs one night with my radio blaring out (very unhappy neighbours thought I was having a rave). My battery soon died and I have had it replace, unfortunately this hasnt cured the electrical fault. Any ideas. I have a 1.8 MX5 MK 3 2006. Thanks in anticipation of replys. 

Kaz

Sounds like the dreaded leaking scuttle grommets problem.  It needs sorting sooner rather than later, and is easily done.  If you leave it to leak, the electrical repairs can end up very expensive.

See the pdf on Water Ingress NC (Mk3) in the DOWNLOADS / S Body, Interior & Styling. 

Also there are lots of threads and pictures on this topic scattered around the forum.

Yes, as Richard says - we are getting a lot of this with the MK3 at the moment.

I saw your signature and thought you had a MK2.5 - would have had no clue with that:-)

There is a secondary fuse box under a panel, in front of the passenger door lower hinge, in the passenger footwell.

Water leaking through from the scuttle grommits makes its way to this fusebox. With luck just a case of drying out and tidying up the water ingress. 

I imagine your problems have coincided with rain when car left outside?