Elvington Spring Rally

I will be travelling to the Spring Rally at Elvington from Bridlington on the Sunday morning. Just wondering if anyone else from the East coast area is doing the same. If so has any convoys been arranged or if not would anyone like to join in. I’m happy to organise and lead if anyone is interested.

Andy

I’ll be traveling from Barton upon Humber, just south of the bridge.

Derek

The route that I am considering is as follows:-
8am set off from Bridlington Links Golf Course.
Leave Bridlington on the B1253 travelling through Boynton and Rudston arriving at Sledmere approx 8.30am.
Continue on the B1251 to Fridaythorpe and then on the A166 to Stamford Bridge for 9.00am.
Carry on towards the A64 and turn left onto the B1228 to Elvington.
If anyone wants to meet up at any point on the route or just tag on somewhere please feel free to do so.
Derek I appreciate your reply not sure if this route is a bit out of your way.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy,

I’m travelling from Leven and I was going to go via the boring A1079 route, but the back roads would be more interesting, eg via Driffield and Pocklington.

Are you going to join in the record attempt? I’ve just voted on http://www.mx5yorkshire.co.uk/social-events-club-runs/spring-rally-2019/.

I’m looking forward to a local rally, I just missed the last on in 2009.

George

Hi George.

Yes I will be taking part in the world record attempt.

Are you thinking of joining us on the run across to Elvington ?

Andy

Hi Andy,

I could meet up at Fimber cafe car park near A1248 & A1251 Roundabout. What time would you be passing this point (between Sledmere and Fridaythorp)? My student daughter passenger is not used to an early start.

George

Hi George.
We will be at Fimber cafe car park for 8.40am.
Your daughter could have a nap on the way there ??

Andy

Just in case some people have read this and are thinking of joining us along the route there has been a change of plan. I will still be setting off from Bridlington Links at 8.00am but will be heading to Driffield rugby club to meet up with George and a couple more at 08.30am. We will then be heading via Huggate , Millington, Pocklington and on the Elvington

Andy

Hi can we meet you at the links for 8 am just up road from us… Sue & Glenn in a Mk4 white Icon.

Hi can we meet you at the links for 8 am just up road from us… Sue & Glenn in a Mk4 white Icon.

Yes I’ve spoken to Sue. See you at the Links car park

Andy