Email : saying someone tried to log into my facebook acount,, that i dont have?

so i just got an email saying that someone had tried to log into my facebook account from an s21

but the problem is i deleted my facebook account years ago and i was only a member of facebook for litteraly 10minutes as i joined to find someone and as i didnt find them i deleted my account!

so is my account still out there or is this just some dumb phising attempt?

No doubt it gives you a link to ‘log in’ to your ‘facebook account’.

If you’re on a Windows computer, select and RIGHT CLICK the link then select ‘copy link address’.
Paste this in to a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and I’ll bet a pound to a penny that the address isn’t ‘facebook.com’.

Or . . . just delete it. It’s a scam!

2 Likes

it just had 2 buttons
one for it wasnt me and for it was me.
(not exact wording)

and thats what threw me tbh
but yeah best to just delete i think

on emails never click a link unless you know its an authentication email of some sort or you trust the source. always if you want to check whether its spam/fishing or legit email logon direct to your account.

if you want to check whether you have a Facebook account go direct to Facebook and try logon on. if you cannot then you know your answer.

4 Likes

A phishing scam, I bet ! Just delete as soon as possible.

1 Like

Scam.
Just like those texts or emails claiming to be from Royal Mail or a delivery company saying “your parcel is waiting”…

oh man those parcel ones are annoying.
especially if your expecting a parcel!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.