Engine undertray mk1

Mazda dealer just told me that he had to remove the engine undertray anyway to do an oil & filter change when i asked him to check the undertray and replace if broken. I also wanted the fuel filter changed.

This having to remove the undertray is garbage surely. There’s a hole in the undertray for this isnt there?

Steve

Utter garbage.

The oil can be drained without removal of any undertrays. The oil filter can be changed without the removal of the undertray but removal of it does make access easier from underneath. I would say that there is nothing wrong with removing it if that’s how they prefer to do it.

I never had an issue unscrewing the filter from above, and I do.not have small hands. The NC, on the other hand, is tricky without a lift. I’m sure the filter on an MZR is in a very sensible position when it’s transversely mounted.

Get back there and tell them to fit a new one asap, sounds like he is getting mixed up with their mx5’s and is focused on mk 3 and 4’s , bad workmanship from the dealership and knowledge and extreme lack of experience, name and shame them so others don’t get done over the same.
M-m

Main stealers will do it by the book. Than means undertray off.