Enhanced 1996 1.8 Mk1 Eunos VR Ltd. £7000

Enhanced 1996 1.8 Mk1 Eunos VR Ltd.
The car is in Gloucestershire
£7000
An upgraded and very versatile 1996 MX5, used for sprints, shopping, classic car tours, track days, camping,…you name it. 155Bhp, Meister R coil-overs, Elise seats and much more. Burgundy Red with tan hood & interior.

Frequent class winner in Javelin Trackdays Sprint Series and its predecessor, the Japanese Sprint Series. Used for many classic car tours in the north of England but has also taken my wife and I camping. It’s done track days, an autosolo and we’ve pottered about in it. And it has never broken down. It’s been carefully developed and maintained to ensure peak performance and reliability. Very detailed record of use and work done in my ownership.
One of 400 made in this much sought after special edition; as standard it has a Torsen limited-slip differential, with 1:4.3 final drive ratio, front brace between the spring turrets, power steering, air conditioning (since removed), electric ariel, electric windows, lightweight Enkei alloy wheels, 15 x 50 x 195 tyres (currently with nearly new Rainsport 5s), and chrome kick-plates with the roadster logo. It also had thick leather seats with built-in speakers (removed but included in the package).
It was imported from Japan on 22/8/2006 by MX5 City and given the registration N305FKU by the DVLA
Two previous UK owners before I bought it on 31/1/2015. History in Japan unknown.
141755km = 88083 miles on 08/10/2023.
MoT October 2024. Taxed July 2024.
Garaged throughout my ownership, annual mileage less than 3000 since 2015.
New front wings and sills, car professionally waxoyl treated. All drain holes clear. Good, clean condition. New hood with heated glass window. Momo sport steering wheel. Wipac halogen headlights. Lotus Elise S1 seats. Modern CD player and radio.
Blink Motorsport Stage 1 engine upgrade, comprising increased compression, ported head, Piper cams, Megasquirt ECU, plus a long branch exhaust manifold, stainless exhaust system, catalyst removed and retained. 155Bhp at the flywheel. K&N air filter, K&N oil filter.
Meister R fully adjustable coil overs fitted all round by Roddison Motorsport. Ride height approx 25mm lower than standard, but adjustable. Fully corner weighted and full wheel alignment. Much better ride than the Bilsteins and better handling too. TR Lane roll-over hoop also fitted by Roddison. TRS Magnum 4 point, FIA compliant safety harness to the driver’s side, original belt still in place. 4 ZCW R5 alloy wheels, 15 x7” Fitted with 195x50x15 Nankang AR1 tyres. Brakes standard apart from uprated pads and braided flexible pipes.
Has featured twice in MX5OC magazine, 2nd in MX5 sprint championship in 2017, 3rd in 2018. Over a dozen class wins in the Javelin Sprint 1.8 litre class, including winning the class in the championship in 2018 and 2019. It goes well! (Trophies not included in sale!). But it’s time to let someone else enjoy this super little car. £7000 including all the spares.
Please use the Personal Message [PM] system to contact me, click on the avatar (round image) and select ‘message’.
5. Photo’s of the car [use photo upload

option]

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.