Enlightenment required

I would welcome some enlightenment. There is a mk2 10th anniversary mx-5 for sale on the website, which some may have spotted. It looks like a nice example, so because I have a soft spot for the mk2, having owned one in the past, I thought I’d pass comment. Nice example and good luck with the sale were my words, more or less. I was somewhat surprised that my post didn’t get through as it had to be reviewed by the moderators. It has since been deleted , not by me I hasten to add. Is this normal practice? Could someone please enlighten me on what I did wrong. It seems way over the top to me. :roll_eyes:

Comments on for sale items are not ‘allowed’ so as not to ‘clutter’ the advertisement. You are requested to reply using the private messaging system.

It is not personal.
:heart:

I see, thanks MM, I must have missed that.

1 Like

Found this: ‘The for sale forum is not a place for discussion, any irrelevant posts will be removed.’ from here: Forum rules - Welcome Area including forum rules / Forum Rules and FAQ - MX-5 Owners Club Forum (mx5oc.co.uk)
:heart:

As above, in the distant past for sale adverts sometimes attracted commentary challenging the pricing and other aspects. It is better for all if any discussion around an item for sale is kept between the parties involved.

OK I’ve read it. I can see that comments (even harmless ones) could distract from the advert. I am now standing on the naughty step.

Thanks Ian, I guess my faux pas serves as a reminder to all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.