ESC on or off

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2008 NC 2.0 Sport

I’m new to sprinting and have been competing with ESC on. I know it’s most likely my inexperience also but the car just doesn’t accelerate as quickly as I would expect even on a straight with foot to the floor. I’m wondering if anyone else has experience of ESC on/off on track that they could share?

I always run with it off when I’m on track, so hard to say, but as I understand the NC’s are throttle limited in 1st and 2nd gear (maybe even 3rd) so that you can’t have full throttle immediately.

A remap would deal with that though.

But that said, I find general acceleration to be the same with it on or off

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s interesting to know. The ESC light flashes sometimes when I’m accelerating in a straight line. For this reason I assumed that it might be reducing power to the wheels at those points, thus reducing acceleration.

I mean, yeah if the light is flashing, it’ll be slowing you down. But I rarely get the light to flash when normal road driving. Hell at the weekend, it was so dry and tyres so sticky, I struggled to get the light to flash even at track speeds!

I never get it to flash during normal road driving either. Just track. Thanks for your thoughts on it :grin: