Eunos - identifying replacement middle exhaust section

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Eunos
  2. I’m based near: __Harpenden
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __replacement of middle silencer section

Sorry - just getting the hang of this! I wanted to say…

90 Eunos - Finding the right silencer/pipe for my exhaust.
I’ve trawled through so many forums but so far unable to find the answer to my particular situation. So – help anyone?
I have what I remember is a Cobalt cat-back exhaust which I got from Moss Bristol. I’ve now bought a Gravity manifold and downpipe but am now left with the silencer part of the “old” section which needs replacing. IE the bit between the new downpipe flange and the Cobalt flange.
From the photos; is this whole section (downpipe/silencer) original Eunos or perhaps it’s some bastardised arrangement of silencer, pipe and flanges?

Laying the existing downpipe/silencer alongside 1) the gravity down pipe and 2) another mild steel pipe that I have (701 68 0511??) the very approximate gap left to “fill” is respectively 40cm and 46cm. Does this sound likely to correspond with any of the 3 lengths of MX5 CATs or DECATS pipes?

I suppose my next move will have to be to fit the new gravity manifold and down pipe and see more accurately what space is left to fill. But, on the off chance someone has seen this before and knows the answer I’m posting this and keeping my fingers crossed.

Many thanks

Norman

Apologies again…The space left, using the Stainless Steel Gravity pipe, is 46cm.

The cat should be 375mm in length.

Gravity sell a single header for both the 1.6 NA and NB, and say you need a 440mm cat off a 1.8 to fit. It sounds like a bit of a bastardised system to be honest, and not certain how well it will fit up the Cobalt cat back. No doubt it fits perfectly to their own in-house 1.6 catback.

Many thanks - its useful to have a confirming view that it is probably a bastardised system. I’ll hold off ordering anything until I’ve managed to trial fit the new parts and more accurately assess the space i have left to fill.
Thanks again