Eunos Mk1 Radiator Removal

Afternoon all,
It’s time to start thinking about renewing the cam belt and water pump and whilst I am in there I would like to clean up, replace seals and the water hoses’
Found info guides to all this, but my manual is for the UK version and does not include a/c.
So the question I would be grateful for an answer to is:

Can I remove the water radiator and leave the a/c rad in place ie are the two attached or attached separately to the car?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Dave

Was separate on my 92 1.6 eunos came out easy , air con rad stays in place .

Yes, Dave

Been there, done that on our 1991 Eunos. Leave the aircon rad well alone.
Standard procedure to remove cooling radiator but as you have aircon will have the extra four blade fan mounted.
Whilst its out check the flow and examine the condition and colour of the top plastic tank closely. I refitted our original and it let go in spectacular fashion about a month later; breached top tank gasket.

Thanks Rob/Rhino thought that may be the case.
A/c is defunct but don’t want to remove as I might try and sort it at a later date.
Just need some outside fettling weather and I will make a start, all depends if I can drive it somewhere first.
Thanks again
Dave

The only hassle which AC adds is that the AC pipework has brackets which will be bolted to the bottom of the radiator fan brackets.(and the bolts will be rusted to hell).

It means that you really need to remove the undertray for access (on the upside it makes the bottom rad hose a deal easier) and that leads to more rusted fasteners where the inner ends of rods which support the corners of the front bumper mount on the same studs as hold the upper front corners of the undertray. Those nuts will be rusted solid too but penetrating oil, a small wire brush and patience will work. If you’re in a hurry you’ll just snap those studs.

Thanks Martin,
Knew there would be rusty bolts somewhere otherwise it would not be a 5/roadster.
Removing the undertray should not be a problem, all new stainless steel bolts/nuts a few years back and had already decided it will make life easier to get at the crank oil seal and cam belt.
Thanks again
Dave

When draining, better off draining by removing the bottom hose, rather than attempting to remove the drain plus; its soft plastic and rather easy to mess up with the wrong screw driver.

Yes Saz almost learnt that the hard way when I changed the coolant last winter.
Dave

I’m no great expert on doing mechanical stuff but my 93 Eunos developed a minor weep on the rad. Bought a cheap Chinese replacement via eBay and took me about an hour to replace. Talking about 10 years ago so a bit vague but sure there was nothing scary about it.

I’ve just done this job on mine whilst also removing the AC completely from the car. It’s a real easy job to just swap the radiator over, you just have to be mindful to disconnect one of the bolts at the bottom of the radiator on the AC Fan. Those pipes are also very pliable, couldn’t actually believe how easily they bent when I was removing them.