Eunos Roadster - road noise

I have a 1989 Eunos which I have recently purchased.The road noise is noticeably louder than my previous 1.6 1997 Mk1. I have seen some mention of rubber flaps being fitted over drainage pipes (presumably the hood drainage pipes) at the rear on later models to reduce road noise. Does any one have more information on this ? Can the parts be fitted to early cars ?  

PS This is only a minor issue which is not spoiling my enjoyment of a fantastic car . It has 30000 miles on the clock - imported last year - only one owner in Japan. Registered on 31st Dec1989.

Larry

Tyre’s make a huge impact on road noise … (Use the hover mode button)

Thicker carpet and underlay …On the later models.

I have a 92 Eunos it has the flaps.

Later cars have thin, cheapo carpet and minimal underlay. Early cars do have an underlay; it often ends up soggy when the membrane cracks in  the footwells.

Only the very earliest cars are missing the drain tube baffle parts. Pretty sure all Roadsters had them.

If the car was imported recently, it might still have Japanese spec tyres. Change them.

If you don’t like road noise have you ever considered going off road in a road car for a change…? This happened once in my youth and now I think I’d take road noise over “hedgerow noise” any day. [:D]

Back on topic though, I agree, Its most likely your tyres causing it.