Euphonic Edition Speaker Replacement/Upgrade

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2004 NB Euphonic
  2. I’m based near: Cambridge
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Speaker System

Hi all,

One of the door speakers has stopped working, upon further investigation it’s unfortunately toast and needs replacing.

Now the replacement speakers listed on mx5parts.co.uk explicitly state that they won’t fit the Euphonic special edition, unfortunately.

Does anyone know why they won’t fit, and what size/type of speakers I can buy that will fit? Or perhaps this is because of the ‘special’ Sony headunit?

Any help/knowledge would be greatly appreciated, it’s rubbish not being able to listen to music in the car :frowning:

Cheers in advance

Hi ,
Just wondered if you managed to sort your speaker problem out ? I have the same car and both door speakers have stopped working . Am assuming speakers need replacement and note as you say that those supplied by Mx5parts wouldn’t fit .
This is my first post on here so hopefully this comes through :grinning:
Many thanks

Try phoning or emailing them.
They probably know what would fit but don’t carry stock as demand is low.

Good idea , thanks for that :+1:
Sun is shining here so can feel a run out to the supermarket coming on .
Will try singing for now although its unlikely to be a new career :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi, apologies I should’ve updated the thread!

I ordered a pair of Sony XS-FB1620E (6.5") speakers and they were a direct replacement and fit perfectly! Although, I’m fairly sure that any round-type 6.5" speakers would work fine.

I got mine from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D4QAHVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_BY3CQGNS51C0S9TMNQK3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

Hope that helps!