Euro Tour 2024

Well, it’s time to take my trusty MX5 out to the big wide world of Europeland again. The plan is to “do” some interesting roads around the Alps. Any recommendations on what to aim for, what to avoid, would be most welcome. Hoping the weather in late June will be sunny so I can drop the roof and burn my legs. (That’s a story for another day!)

TIA

I would definitely recommend the Grande St Bernard pass & the Petite St Bernard pass. You can “do” France, Switzerland and Italy all in one day!

1 Like

The Austrian passes & the dolomites

2 Likes

The black forest high road from Baden Baden down to Titisee, then along the side of lake Constance to Lindau before taking the Deutch alpanstrasse all the way to Bertchesgaden, if you have the time the Grossglockner is also worth the drive, and the Gerlos pass is also fun.

1 Like

Definitely consider hitting up Spain’s Picos de Europa region for some breathtaking drives. The roads there offer stunning mountain views and thrilling twists and turns. Late June typically has good weather, but it’s always smart to have a backup plan just in case. And don’t forget your sunscreen :sunglasses: If you ever find yourself in Spain, check out this article: https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-spain-statistics-2024-your-in-depth-travel-guide-5686 It’s full of helpful info for your trip! Have a safe journey and enjoy! :red_car::sunny:

2 Likes

The Route Napoleon that runs from Grasse in Southern France is something special. Be careful though, its were Frank Williams of Williams F1 unfortunately did for himself.

1 Like