Europen Breakdown cover

Hello,

I’ve found this breakfown cover from RAC.

£148.00:  https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/european-breakdown-cover/choose-cover?JID=P3sKH%2BidIFG7C31GA%2BH9fv0DatlBTVDcc8DLi4Nolqp3V%2FJodf%2F9Tp8cPAiiYwcf

Which cover wo most people go with? The countries are covering

France,

Holland

Germany

Denmark

Sweden

All help appreciated.

Check the cover with the RAC and the AA, I took out single trip breakdown cover with the RAC last year luckily i did not need it but after getting home and reading the small print it only covered one breakdown.

I am with Britannia Rescue now both UK and Europe.

It’s that links again…

We go with ASDA. They don’t care how old or modded your car is and the service is brilliant. You can read about our experience here.

Karl

How much do Asda charge Karl?

We have yearly named cover. It’s about £140 for both of us in any car in the UK and a chosen car in Europe. As owners of cars aged 16, 23 & 24 it’s great because they cover them all. We’ve had to call them out 3-4 times in the UK and each time they’ve been great. To get that kind of cover across Europe and in vehicles that old from the AA or RAC…more than doubles the price.

Thanks Karl - sounds reasonable to me.

I used Asda last year didn’t need to claim, it is a Mazda after all. This year I have signed up to ADAC the German breakdown service  it costs about £95 for both me and my wife in any car in any country in Europe regardless of age of car. Apparently they will even recover me on the Nurburgring! If I breakdown in UK they send AA. Will let you know if I need to use their service. 

On a slight tangent does one need to display a GB sticker still when in France heading there in August.

Officially yes, or have GB/EU numberplates. Having said that, we have plain plates and forgot our GB sticker last time and had no problems…

We have had to use RAC cover three times. Once when my Hyundai Coupe threw a big end in Germany, again when a Mercedes A Class did the same in Belgium and when my wife decided to throw her motorcycle into a crash barrier at 70 in Belgium. The service we received was fantastic. Vehicles were recovered to home with no issues. Rental cars provided. Good example was car provided in Belgium to drive to Calais. Taxi waiting for us in Dover to take us to Europecar where the car was waiting to get home. When my wife had her moment they paid for my expensive hotel bills in Belgium and all my son’s costs in coming out to Belgium to bring her home.

The only snag with RAC is they will only cover cars up to 11 years old. When I wanted cover for my BMW z3 a web search brought me to Axa who cover up to 17 years old for £97 for multiple trip insurance including UK breakdown and get you home. No idea how good it is a Z3 never needed it but its a major company so guess its OK.