Event postponed Gunton Park

IMPORTANT UPDATE.
Hi everyone really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It has been so hectic trying to sort this event for Gunton, for those that came to the monthly meet you will know of everything that has been going on, some of you might have seen it in the paper that as of Tuesday 18th June, the council have temporarily closed the Gunton Park sawmill, at present reason are unknown as to why this has happened. I have been back and fourth with Gunton trying to see if we could attend for either a park and picture or a tour of the mill with no operation of the saw but unfortunately the volunteers have walked away due to how the matter has been handled. So we have had to cancel the run to Gunton.

However i am now in the process of sorting a last minute breakfast run for those who would still like a run out, due to this being last minute this will be a first come first served basis. i will now add all the details for the breakfast run for those who would like to attend. I am really sorry to let people down who wanted to attend the sawmill visit, i have tried everything for it to happen but it is out of my control.
once again really sorry to postpone the sawmill visit and sorry its been last minute but i have only now had clarification from the sawmill.
Many thanks Chris

Clean up your Five’s, the Norfolk Five’s have been invited for a display and tour at the Gunton park saw mill.

The Gunton Park saw mill is a early 19th century working water saw mill, set in the private grounds of Gunton Park, where the renowned Gunton arms restaurant. The saw mill was constructed in 1824 and after a revival 1979 has now been given a new lease of life once again. The mill sits on the saw mill pond which is the source of power for the mill.

This is a fantastic event to be invited to, the volunteers of the saw mill have asked us to put on a car display outside of the saw mill and then to have a tour of the working saw mill. This will be a great chance to get some amazing shots of your Fives within the grounds of Gunton Park. And a great chance to support a local group. There is also a chance that Look East could be doing a filming segment on the day as well, so this would be great coverage for the Norfolk area.

The cost of this event is going to be £3 - £5 per person (depending on our numbers) you muat register on the forum to secure your space for this event, if this event proves to popular i may need to limit numbers.

We will aim to arrive at Gunton Park for around 1.00pm i will be posting the start point shortly as i am waiting to see numbers as to where to start. I will also br going through more details at the June monthly meet.

1. Chris
  2. Katie
  3. Sue
  4. Roger & Valerie
  5. Bob & Tracey Cracknell
  6. Lesley & Michael
  7. Kevin & Tamsin
  8. Ian & Jean
  9. Ian & Sarah
  10. Mike
  11. Andrew Dunn
  12. Helen & Karl
  13. David H & Rosemary
  14. Paul & Debbie
  15. Graham & Rachel (fab4)
  16. Phil & Renee (fab4)
  17. Richard C
  18. Alan & Lynda W
  19. Phil & Rona
  20. Barry & Joan
  21. Ian & Sharon
  22. Richard woods
  23. Marks W
  24. John & Penny

Hi Chris,
Could you add Bob & Tracey Cracknell to the list please?

Hi Chris can you add us to your list please Lesley and Michael :blush:

Hi Chris, Can you put Tamsin & I down for this please? Cheers K.

Could you put us down for this one please

Ian & Jean

Hi Chris. Yes please for Sarah and myself👍

Yes please Chris.

That’s Mike

Hi Chris could you add me please

Hi could you add us to tge tegister for gunton please
Helen and karl scarfe

Chris,
Please put me & Rosemary on the list for this event. Thank you.

David

Hi chris

Please add me and Debbie to your list

Many thanks
Paul

Hi Chris can you add the fab four please.

Add me on please Chris, I like Gunton. (Rest r aunt!)

Alan and Lynda Wright please

Please add Phil and me , thanks.

Hi Chris,looks like we are free for this one,if possible could you add Barry &Joan to the list please,thank you, ps not able to attend monthly meeting

Hi Chris could you please add ian and Sharon thanks you

1 Like

Hi @larkottery
I have now added you both to the list.
Many thanks Chris and look forward to seeing you.

Hi @Rose_bud
I have now added you both to the list, look forward to seeing you Chris.