EVO Magazine 318

Hi,
Anyone else a reader of EVO Magazine? Just wondered if anyone else has seen issue 318, February 2024? Last page, article titled “Greatest Misses” and no it’s not about wives :joy:
It’s about the NC, “awful to drive”, " NC MX5 was a stinker", " drove like a horse and cart", “sticky and inconsistent steering”
The article finishes by telling readers to shun the “cyberman” and get a different model!
As a very slightly biased NC owner, (one of the “worst” early cars apparently) I beg to disagree with most of it. Definitely looked a bit 4X4 and mine did handle scarily until lowered 25mm and full geo done. Not that the lowering is apparently essential? Didn’t Mazda offer the NC with lowered Mazdasport Springs from the off in the UK?
Just interested in others thoughts?
cheers
Marc

1 Like

What astonishing comments! The NC was/is a lovely car and I had mine for over 5-years until p/x’d for the ND last year. And it handled exceptionally well too. Sigh, some people…

NC is the worst handling of all the mx5s in standard form.

I recently looked at changing my late mk2 for a late mk3 and within 5 mins decided to keep the one I have, it just is not as exciting a car to drive. Yes its quicker than my mk2, has more mod cons, but for me lacks the smile on the face.

But like all things who ever listens to some random bloke from a mag?

If you are happy with your car, thats all that matters

1 Like

Agreed.
I bought a 2009 NC and it was a very ordinary drive on its standard pogo-stick suspension. However, after lowering and a full alignment it was superb.
Not as good as an ND though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.