Exhaust cleaner

I’ve just bought autosol metal polish for exhaust. pipes have really come up good.( Call me stupid is it called the box ? ). Has not made much difference at all. Should I expect a difference. I trust it’s the same sort of metal.

You do not say which model you have but it may be that the tail pipes are stainless steel and the ‘box’ is not. If you can not get a good chrome like shine then it is probably mild steel.
:heart:

1 Like

It’s a mx5 mk3 2007

If a standard back box then the tail pipes are stainless steel the rest just painted steel or maybe a treated steel, definitely not for polishing.

Thank you :+1:

Get a proper metal polishing kit. You can get any metal to shine. eg

You’ll find these on sale at any car show.

The box should come up nicely with enough work depending on how bad it is. The shell is stainless, the pipes, welds and hangers are a lower grade stainless so do tarnish and rust.

I used autosol and a drill polishing pad and it came up like this (rubbed down and painted the ends and pipes in vht silver).

1 Like

I think the earlier NC back boxes weren’t stainless like the one pictured. My NC1 back box (later changed) certainly wasn’t, no way I’d get a shine like that Dean.

Oh didn’t know that. Fair enough. :+1: