Exploring great roads in midwales

Spent a few nights away in Gwernydd, mid Wales with my mate, both exploring and enjoying the beautiful roads and scenery in our NBs!

5 Likes

Very cool. Something that I’d very much like to try. Your cars look smashing with those backdrops.
If you think about it and have a spare minute it would be great to see which roads you enjoyed most.
Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Seconded! Love to know the routes you took and enjoyed so much.

1 Like

The main stretch of road we were on shown in the photographs was the A44 enroute to Aberystwyth, though we turned off a number of times and just followed our nose! Travelling towards devils bridge has some lovely roads too. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

We’re just back from a week in mid-Wales, driving up via Ross on Wye, Hereford and Dolgellau and staying in Harlech and Chirk then back via Oswestry and Worcester.
I agree; the roads around there are far superior to those we suffer in England and the scenery is a bonus!
By the way, for anyone else heading that way, avoid the A44 / A449 just south of Worcester - the roadworks there are totally disorganised and a nightmare.

1 Like

Yeah, there are some great roads in that area. Hope you did the loop around the Elan Valley near Rhayader? If not you need to do a return visit!

2 Likes

Why are Welsh roads so much better maintained that English ones?

1 Like

Actually we enjoyed it so much we’re going back in a few weeks!
Will try that loop, thanks

1 Like

Because English ones are …The Pits? :grinning:
Mind the bikers though…

(Taxi)

1 Like