Fabric Hood Seal

I have an issue with the rubber hood seal on my 2016 MX5 ND soft top.

The fabric hood rubber seal has partially come adrift from the edge of the hood aluminium sheet over a 3 or 4 inch length and local to mid length at the top of the drivers door window.

I can see the bright metal that the rubber seal should fit over.

I have tried to prize and push the seal back over the edge of the aluminium sheet but with limited success.

The widow fully closes when I shut the door and displaces the seal from the edge of the hood so that the seal is especially visible over the 3 to 4 inch length.

I don’t think that there is any leak of water into the car but it is somewhat annoying

Has anyone any idea of how I can fix this?

I can displace the rubber seal in exactly the same place on my Mk3 hood. I thought it was coming apart but it did press back in.
Don’t know if the Mk4 differs, have another go at it.?

Had the NC for 9 years prior to my ND and no problems ever anywhere.

The ND may differ from your NC in that the ND has an aluminium plate inserted into the fabric hood covering the flat top of the hood. My 2007 NC never had this plate (pure ragtop).

As far as I can see the rubber seal fits over the edge of the plate, although there doesn’t appear to have any recess channel in the rubber to slot into the plate!

I will try again when my bleeding right hand thumbnail recovers from my previous efforts to relocate it.

Next job will be to slit my wrists trying to remove and re-insert the well buried hood drain pot.