Falken tyres

I have been running my 2007 NC Icon on Dunlop Blue Response tyres for the last few years and found they suited me perfectly. As they were getting near end of life I changed them for Falkens. All four. Now I notice the ride is skittish and feels very firm. Pressures are correct at 29psi. Has anyone else felt anything similar? I am actually considering dumping the lot and going back to Dunlops and, yes, I know, I should have done so first time round! :slightly_frowning_face:

Did you get a 4 wheel alignment done at the same time?
I just had to replace mine went for Kumho PS71s £88.10 per tyre they regularly get a recommendation on here I am them finding very good for the money

2 Likes

There wasn’t a hint of an issue with the Dunlops, no abnormal tyre wear, nothing affecting the steering just straightforward excellent handling and ride. The Falkens just seem to skitter on the road surface almost as if the side walls are too stiff. The car still drives straight and true it’s just the ride is too firm.

I have Falkens, I think 310er, replacing the OEM Bridgestones on my ND (at 25k rears and 27k fronts - yes my circulation didn’t quite work out). I’ve found them fine, although took a few miles to bed in. Ran through northern French monsoon earlier this month and found them very confidence inspiring.
There was a run-flat option listed as available, I assume those would be hideously stiff.

Which Falken did you fit? Can you upload a photo of the tyre showing the sidewall.

Strange, I ran that model on my NA and they were excellent.

Maybe a return to the garage who fitted them, for an alignment check?

Drop pressure to 26.5. If that doesn’t help much then yea… change them.
Btw Michelin’s ps5 are extremely good (very similar to the ps4)

Yes I’d thought of changing pressure but always dubious of going away from recommended pressures. I think I will try it then if they wear too quickly I’ve got a reason to change them!

Thanks however I know alignment is not the problem.

I can’t comment about Falkens on the MX-5 however I had them on my Mazda 6 and when the time came to change I opted for the same as I was pretty impressed with them. As they were unavailable at the time I purchased Bridgestone Turanza’s instead which seem to be doing the job well.

As for my MX-5 NB, I currently have Continental’s all round and they seem to hold the road pretty well, no complaints.

FREE FREE FREE. Falken tyres for a Mk3 NC. 205/50 16. These tyres have done just about 2k in total. I bought them last year but don’t like them. On motorways and fast roads they’re no problem at all but here in Devon on country roads they, to me, don’t feel right. So I am going to take them off, so if anyone on here would like them totally FREE they are welcome to them. I have had my winter wheels and tyres on for a while and would like not to put the Falkens back on.