Farewell all

After 16 years of fun, frolics, rot rebuilds, more rot rebuilds, hood down free tans, and Lord knows what with both my 2002 Sport ( sold last night) and the famous H4H Bruce ( sold two weeks back) it’s time top move on now and draw a curtain over many fun packed years of 5 & Roadster ownship.

I took delivery of our new Suzuki Swift Turbo-Hybrid yesterday and it was a pleasure to sit in my first new car after 50 years driving. Best way I can describe them is …they are a bit mental if you want it, and benign if you dont. Sounds familiar? So if you see a Winning Blue with a plate ending AAA waving at you…that’s us. In any case, there is a chancew of Grandchildren one day in a couple of years…
You can take the Mx5 away from the drive, but you cannot from peoples’ hearts.

So it’s something I’d never thought I’d have to be saying but Goodbye All, and thanks. and keep your crevices clean!

14 Likes

All the best Robin, hope to see you round the traps somewhere :+1:

1 Like

Hope you’re still staying on the forum.
If not then all the best. :+1:
Enjoy your new car.
Will miss your comments…

1 Like

Congrats on your new ride sir. The Suzukis can be a hoot to drive so I’m convinced you’ll continue to enjoy your local roads.
It would be great if you’d stick around. There will be plenty of folk who would benefit from your experience over all of those years.
All the best for the future either way,
Guy

1 Like

Don’t be a stranger - your knowledge is a big asset to the forum. Enjoy your Swift, they look like great fun.

1 Like

Sorry to see you go, but one door closes and another opens…

All the best for safe motoring

1 Like

All the best to you for the future Mr. 'Fiver. Your posts have always been both informative and humurous and hope you will stick around on here for a while.
Happy motoring

1 Like

Enjoyed reading your posts :+1:t3:and witty comments,
Enjoy your “Triple S” , I test drove 1 a few months ago , you’ll have fun in that :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Won’t that put him standing on the pavement after some painful acrobatics over the centre console?

As others have said, feel free to stick around - after all, in 2 years time it’s grandchildren and in ~20 years time it’ll be them driving you round in their MX-5 :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Scottishfiver,
Oh no! Please don’t leave!
I have really enjoyed reading your posts over the last few years, and the forum won’t be the same without you. Surely you can still ‘lurk’ and make some of your marvellously funny and helpful comments when required!
Look after yourself, and enjoy your new car.
With all very best wishes
JMK

2 Likes

Ditto everything above.

This place won’t be as rich without you; your knowledge, insight and often sideway’s humour is exceptional and will be sorely missed if you don’t dip in and out every now and then.

Enjoy your brand new chariot - well earned!

All the very best to you and yours Sir :+1:

1 Like

So sorry to see you go Scottishfiver. I have really enjoyed your humour and advice on the forum. I had hoped to meet you in person one day. As others have said, it would be great if you could continue to contribute to the forum, but it would perfectly understandable if you don’t.

All the very best for the future. You will be sorely missed!

1 Like

:no_mouth:
Shame if you go to be honest. Best of luck with the Suuuzz… with the Suuuuuzzzzukkk… once more… SUUUUUUUUZZZZ… sorry mate cant say it…

You ain’t going anywhere, you’ll still be lurking.
I was thinking of buying a Suzuki, then a Renault now a Peugeot, I ain’t got a clue really.
Best of luck with the new car.:+1:

2 Likes

I have had my SSS for 15 months, it is a 2014 ZC32. I used it primarily during the last winter, instead of using the MX5s, the advantage being the Swift Sport is made in Hungary & has been treated to withstand European winters, unlike of course MX5s!
I believe the latest SSS ZC33 is made in Japan, therefore, it may well not have protection against European salty winter conditions. If this is correct it may rust & corrode within a winter’s use. Worth checking where the ZC33 is made?
I have had my ECU tweaked for more mid range torque, of course the turbo charged ZC33 has even more scope for extra power.

1 Like

Gone but Not Forgotten :handshake:

You are a ‘Rare Wee Beastie’ with you Vast Knowledge of the MX-5 [particularly my model the NB] :mortar_board: :tophat:

Also when Bullit & I Joined the Club…what the Modern World would call an ‘Influencer’ :grin: :clap:

Plus as Monty Python would say ‘He’s a Very Naughty Boy’ with your Sense of Humour :rofl: :wink:

Got me into trouble more than once on the site :innocent: :roll_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Gonna Miss You :cry:

But enjoy your well earned retirement from the craziness of owning an MX-5 and moving on with your new motor :saluting_face:

I concur with all the above sentiments. I have thoroughly enjoyed your contributions to the forum and will miss them if you really are leaving.
All the best.

It’s not me that’s leaving…It’s Scottish Fiver :rofl:

Fond fair wells mate I’ll miss ya banter
Enjoy your new car :blue_car:
Never forget your 5 times

Well if you change your mind and decide to leave, all the best to you as well. Meanwhile thanks to Scottish Fiver, I hope you continue to chip in :blush: