Filey North Yorkshire help required----ND1 owners or camera owners in other areas

Now I have your attention what I need is to look under the sill of an ND1 to see if it different to the ND2 in the way that it is attached at the front.
Please sent a private message so we can sort something out.

ALTERNATIVELY if anyone is willing to take a picture of the sill at the front that would be good. What I need is a picture pointing upwards at the sill about 8 inches back from the front edge.
:heart:

1 Like

Hi Malc,
I have a ND1, does this help? (Sorry about the mud).
Chris

1 Like

Would it be more help to do a close-up of this section after I’ve cleaned it?

Hi C,
That is absolutely perfect and confirms that the ND2 is in fact different. This is the same fixing on the ND2

There is a ‘locking block’ the black bit and this is secured with ‘locking pin’ the white bit. It appears that once the clip is attached to the metal sill you have to sacrifice the clip as the white pin is held tight against the steel sill.

Thank you so much for your time and trouble it is very much appreciated, what a brilliant resource this forum is.
:heart: :heart:
PS 2 hearts for a special contribution.

1 Like

I was embarrassed by how dirty my sill was compared to yours :see_no_evil: so did a quick wipe with a wet kitchen towel and found I too have a white fixing. Still looks different to your ND2 though. I’ve tried to mimic your camera angle (for posterity and clearer comparison :rofl:)

Thanks for the double :heart: but no need, I’ve been helped plenty by your posts and others.

Hi Chris,
Above and beyond the call of duty!!I
It is very clear that they have improved the security of the plastic sill cover on the later cars. Unfortunately it makes them more difficult to remove.
When we have successfully determined the correct procedure we will return with an update.
In the meantime a glass of full bodied red ‘fruit’ juice is called for, cheers!!!
:heart:

1 Like

An excellent idea :smiling_face:
and glad to help

1 Like

I knew I had seen pictures like those before @Mad_Malc, or those exact pictures…which has really confused me.
I just cam across the thread again which I think will interest you if you haven’t already seen it:

Hi Ian,
Mad Malc and I live quite close to each other and both have 30AEs.
It’s my car from which I was trying to remove the side skirt mouldings, being the OP of “ND2 side skirt removal”.
As a result of no replies to that request for help, MM started another thread “Filey North Yorkshire help required…” to ask for photos of the ND1 sill fixings in order to compare any differences, although he used the same photo of my car that I’d used in my OP.
However, the removal method for these security tab clips was still unresolved, so I persevered in the garage at the weekend and was successful in getting them out.
MM saw what I’d done and I said I would upload the procedure for the wider community - hence my uploaded description + photos yesterday evening as a “reply” to my OP titled “ND2 side skirt removal”.
Hope you’re no longer confused, but thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing up my confusion! :smile: