Finally got one!

After years of hankering for one, we’ve finally taken the plunge and bought our 1st MX5.
When Sue and I met …some 30+ years ago, we had a dream to buy an MX5 and enjoy the open top life. For numerous reasons it never happened.
Now we’ve both retired, a chance conversation with a work colleague at my retirement ‘do’ , and the fact that he was looking to sell his pride and joy, finally got us into MX5 ownership.
A trip across the bridge into Wales on a wet Monday morning did little to diminish the enthusiasm and desire as we went to view and test drive.
Ryan was sad to see the car go, but with a new baby and dog, the MX5 was sidelined.
45 minutes later, the deal was done and the shiny MX5 was on its way back across the bridge to a new home.
We’re looking forward to taking the car out whenever we can and hoping to meet as many like minded MX5 owners in the process.
Hope to see some of you at future events.
Rich & Sue

MX-5 2.0i Sport Tech Roadster Coupe 2010/60

14 Likes

Looks very nice, welcome and enjoy it (with the top off) at every opportunity

That looks stunning as it is and it’s not even my colour :+1:. I just got my first 5 too after toying with the idea for some time, so far loving it.

Looks like you got a really nice car there.

Really great number plate too, on a lovely looking car - enjoy every minute! :+1:

Welcome to the group, had laugh a lady called Sue got me into mine 5 years ago. Wishing you untold smiles per mile !

Looks nice, love the colour👍

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Have been out …with the top.down…at every opportunity.
Also been looking through the posts on the forum and realising theres a wealth of MX5 experience out there to help us through ownership.

A very nice example you have acquired there and it will give you both "miles of smiles":slightly_smiling_face:

If you ever down our way, you will be very welcome to join Solent Area on one of our drives/events.

Be sure to check out our Solent Area Programme on the forum😉

Thanks Mal,
Were really pleased with it. Were also keen to get out and meet felĺow MX5 ers at every opportunity, so will be checking the forums for upcoming meets/drives ,and may even make it as far as the Solent area.
Thanks for the welcome