Firmware update, before android auto and reverse camera

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND RF
  2. I’m based near: Diss, Norfolk
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Updating Firmware

Does anyone know where I can get the firmware files from?

I’m planning to add a reversing camera to my car soon, and whilst everything is opened up might as well add Android Auto at the same time.
I know I need to update the firmware for that to work though. If I’m understanding things correctly, first to 70.00.100A, then to the latest version (which may or may not be 74.00.230A).
However, I can’t find the firmware files anywhere! The only links I can find are to a nonexistent my.hidrive.com site.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I think I’ve managed to find the files I need, so all sorted with this now I hope

Out of interest for future reference where did you find them?

PM me for the files you need

PM sent, as I’m not sure what the policy on posting links here is

If the links are posted here then they will be available for others with the same problem

1 Like

I don’t think Mazda would be very happy with the forum if they were.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m looking at doing the same to my MX5 as I’m in Scotland there isn’t anyone local to do this professionally, I would be great full if you could share the link for the files required to do this to my 2017 ND Spotnav. I have watched some Videos on YouTube & not totally sure I could do it but would be grateful if you could help in any way as I can get some fiends to help me…

As above PM me

Hi,

My 2017 ND is on 59.00.330 EU so I was looking to update the firmware too.
It would be much appreciated if you could point me in the direction of the link too.
I did go into Mazda in Colchester, I was happy to pay for it, but for all the help they gave me I may as well have gone to a bakery.

Thanks
Colm

1 Like

PM me

1 Like

Hi I don’t seem to be able to send a private message yet (I’m a new member) and I have the same query about updating the firmware (2019 ND current version 59.00.545 EU N. would you be able to help me with this?

We’ve made contact!

Any chance I can get a link to update firmware please? only new here so be kind :slight_smile:

i am the same as Terry, same CX5, just wondering about updating the firmware, any help is welcomed… thanks

this goes for me too :frowning:

New member doesn’t look like I can PM, I would also be grateful for the link running V59.
Many thanks

Pm’d you

1 Like

Good evening Jad
Im sure you have been pesterd by many for your research information.
I have recently purchssed a 2026 nd.l,and
I would like to upgrade to the Android car play wireless.Any information on the update file would be appreciated please and would like to buy the new component from a trusted company but it seems to be a minefield.
Thanks for reading
Kind Regards
Dave Beeforth

WOW, 2026 model, that must be a pre production development mule!!!
:heart: