First mods on the ND

Had the ND for 2 weeks and upgraded the OEM bulbs to LED. Best £25 mod I’ve spent for ages.

When I eventually get the V5 I can get my private plate on it.
Next up wheel spacers

1 Like

Won’t wheel spacers add to the unsprung mass and actually be counterproductive for the ride and handling?

£25.00??

Yep…and that was also posted 1st class signed for.

1 Like

Which mod are you talking about?

Upgraded the OEM bulbs to LED

1 Like

So what exactly did you buy and where from?? ABD??

Interior dome light.
Boot light
Number plate lights
Front Indicators

Got them from Auto Lighting

Just be careful with spacers, most insurers hate them and some won’t cover them, I had to move insurer.

Ok mate. Thank you! I appreciate that.

I’ve been toying with spacers and lowered springs for my ND since I got it in July. Did webchat with my insurer (Admiral) and they added both for a £9.50 admin charge so will be going on soon. As for the unstrung mass , I don’t know but they don’t weigh loads.

Thats bloody good! I’m with Esure on mine so I’m not sure they would be the same lol might just leave it for now.

How many lied lights did you get for £25

As it says above mate
Dome / map / cockpit light
Boot light
Number plate lights
Front (orange ) indicators

All LED all first class signed for.

There’s a lot to be said for a negative roll or scrub radius which I think pretty well all modern cars come with - I remember it being touted as safety feature in the 70’s/80’s. It compensates for uneven braking, if present, across the axle and the car doesn’t head for the kerb quite so violently under braking if a front tyre blows out. Remember when brakes always seemed to be pulling one way or the other? Rarely notice it now. Adding spacers reduces the amount of negative scrub and enough spacing could make it zero or positive. In effect it will also make the suspension a bit softer by increasing the leverage on the hub, and will tend to add understeer. None of this sounds a good thing to introduce to a nicely balanced car so if you use spacers, thinner ones will be less likely to have a bad effect.

On the positive side, you might get round corners slightly faster owing to a wider track - whether that would be measurable without using a very wide spacer, I don’t know.

I should say I’m not an expert in this, just passing on what people who seem to know more than I do have told me over the years. Happy to be corrected if I have been labouring under a misunderstanding.

If you use a slightly wider wheel without changing the offset, you could get a similar look without changing the geometry fundamentally.

Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Cheers Dan! :+1: