Fix or Break early MK1

Here are earlier photos.

2 Likes

Great job, nice to see a rust recovery taking shape!

Blimey!
Good on you Sir.

I so wish I could do that! Nice work!

Keep up the great work mine was like that and well worth all the effort.:grinning:

Some serious work going there, great stuff.:+1:

Have stripped out the drivers side these last few days, thought it wasn’t as bad but the sills hid lots of FeO2! Good job I kept the templates of cardboard😳

2 Likes

Progress report, not much happening as many parts ordered are on back order! Waiting for drivers wing and front panel so I can complete the body rebuild.
Painting subframes, wishbones,hubs and brake calipers.

Brake calipers painted using the paint shown in photo.

1 Like

Also need a replacement fuel tank, does anyone have one for sale, not too far away from the NE Scotland

Finally have all the welding done. Had to wait three months for the front panel to come into stock. Only waiting for drivers front wing but it is in stock so expect it will be arriving soon

Now for a respray!

Hope you gonna seal them channels lol.

That’s the first coat of Rustbuster’s 121 chassis paint on. Seamsealer tomorrow then another coat of 121

4 Likes

Latest update, running gear and stopping gear all refurbished and reassembled. Body away to the paint shop, waiting for it to return so I can get it finished.

5 Likes
![image|669x500](upload://2n4YLDh6DUV8xVMnKsFoukEsn2h.jpeg)
![image|669x500](upload://2WBuZckBt15dIcvMvk4PN5gV65k.jpeg)
![image|669x500](upload://3e6zCys6oNGxTjdfZIlVMf98n8T.jpeg)

Finally have the body shell back from the paint shop.It looks fantastic! Waiting for the doors, bonnet, boot lid and hard top, but can commence work on rebuilding the shell. First job is wax sealing all cavities

6 Likes

Going together slowly! Trying to remember the sequence the parts came off is the most difficult. Definitely the most pleasing part of the whole job.

6 Likes

Hello, update on rebuild! Nearly finished with the restoration. Only the roof to fit and interior trim to finish.
Engine going with no issues, holds its temperature and is sound.
Slight leak from an exhaust joint.
Brakes and clutch to be bleed.
Air con to be checked for leaks after the new condenser and drier fitted, then filled with the appropriate gas.
Really looking forward to getting it on the road.

3 Likes