For Members who have booked for the Hill Climb Update

We are now starting to send out tickets, in the form of new labled mirror hangers, to those members who have booked for the Hill Climb.

DaveC

The link does not seem to work.

regards

Ray

Sorry - not sure what link you are referring to.

David

I think he means the one in your signature which looks like a broken image link.

David

Yes, I admit I did think that, sorry

Ray

Hi

We have just recieved our hanger for the hill climb, the joning instruction requests arrival at 08:30 is there some leeway as we are travelling from the Isle of Wight that morning and are ruled by ferry time tables (one of the few problems living here).

Regards

Colin & Caroline

Colin Caroline,

Safety briefings for the Hill begin early, you might appreciate there are about 175 drivers and a further 200+ passengers to brief before people get on to the track. The
earlier that you can be there the better is the answer.
The competition cars also need early arrival time to park and prepapre in the paddock too, we have a lot of cars to process and

The paddock area will close about 9.30am. to allow volunteers to be repostioned in the 30mins before the main gates to the event Site open at 10am when all other cars will begin to arrive.

If you are not able to arrive before the paddock is closed we cannot guarantee that you will be able to get you allocated runs on the hill.

Google suggests a 3+ hour trip from Cowes and the first ferry at about 7.15am on a Sunday and I appreciate you will know this bit much better than us - but if that is looking likely timings a hotel, b&b or campsite en route or in the Rally vicinity might be something you might wish to consider to arrive in good time for briefings? but this is only a suggestion that I will leave with you.

Got my hanger and joining instruction through in the post, Realy looking forward to my runs upo thr hill now.

Received - ty

08.30… yawn… okay, if you insist… Big Smile

As a SWM OCer i have also offered myself for duties - not had any feedback from my lot re what i may be doing but assume that neither will interfere with the other Geek

I am booked in for the hill climb and one of the competitions. It’s been suggested that I should do my runs after judging for the competitions has ended. CAn someone explain what I need to do?

Hi skir67

Ok this is a good problem.
At the moment it is unlikely that you would be able to do both.
The judging window is from about 9.30/10am and may take up to the allocated 3pm, the process is not time specific and some cars can take longer than others to assess, reassess etc. Also as yet we don’t know the number of cars that will enter (closing 1st September). I need input from competiton judges and will go and seek this.

The number of cars entering may also affect the location used on the site for competition parking, which also has a knock on for vehicle movement within pedestrian areas, though we could get you out with some marshaling, currently this is the case for the planned location, to be reviewed when competitons registrations closes.

I am sure that we can find away to get you out of the competiton area and on to the hill, but it may have to be towards the latter part of the day?

Thanks for the info Iain. I don’t mind if it is later in the day that I get up the hill. Please let me know what the decision is either way and what I will need to do to take part in both events if this is possible.

Ticket for the dinner and hanger received today, thanks

The envelope had been damaged by Royal Mail, should there have been anything else enclosed?

Hi

In addition to the ticket and hanger there was a sheet detailing instructions for going up the Hill.

Jenny