For people who suffer bad backs

I suffer from a bad and painful back particularly after sitting down on a normal chair while watching TV etc.

I decided to buy a new recliner chair that works via electric motors to move the back of the chair to any position you want and the same applies to the front of the chair that rises to put your legs out straight.  Now the important bit of info for anyone who is considering buying a recliner chair is that if you buy a chair that has the option of having a lumbar support fitted, you can buy the chair VAT free. some furniture businesses don’t tell you this. Obviously before buying one you should try one out in a shop that sells them so you can see if the lumbar support does for you what it does for me.

The chair I am buying would cost with VAT added  £1449.00 but after the shop gave me a 10% reduction on the price, because I found it on their website with a code to get it, and then deducting the VAT I will end up paying £1086.00. This will only apply if you tell the shop you have a bad back and mention about the VAT. 

It appears that it is cheaper to buy a chair with the lumbar support than it is to buy one without a lumber support. If anyone would like to know the make of the chair please Email me and I will let you know who they are.

I am very much like you with a dodgy back. How do you get on in the 5. Any problem with seating?
I find I am usually very comfortable,but ache after a long drive, but you just have to put up with it,??
I haven’t resorted to an electronic chair yet though.
Steve

Is it a bolt-on fit direct to the original Eunos seat rails, or do the rails have to be modified?

Apologies for levity, Saz.  If you’d posted before mine, I wouldn’t have.

Steve

I get in like a lady would, put ■■■ on seat and swing both legs in or even one at a time (not lady like). To get out I have to lift right leg out using my hand then the left leg, then using arms on the door pillars lift my whole body out. It’s a bit ungainly but who cares as long as I can still drive my Mk1?

I manage it all a lot better when the roof is down, which is most of the time.

I just read another post. I have Spinal Degeneration due to Arthritis plus arthritis in just about every joint in my body. It’s managed with pain killers and Diclofenic  Gel.  

Seem to remember that contrary to your user name, which I think refers to a pet dog, you are of the male persuasion.

Please tell me you are not wearing a mini skirt.

1 Like

Another handy tip is the disabled person rail card. The conditions which need to be met are much lower than for blue badges or any allowances.

So if you are over 60 and want a railcard it will cost you £30. If you have a partner and you wish to travel together it will cost you £30 each.

If any two people wish to travel together you can buy a ‘two together’ rail card for £30 but it only works when both people named on the card travel together.

If you qualify for a disabled railcard it will cost you £20 and not only do you get the discount yourself but also discount for any one other adult traveling with you. The discount is available on all journeys while the other dearer cards only give discount off peak.

My wife has recently purchased a card as she has moderate hearing loss and has hearing aids. All that needs to be provided to apply for the card is a copy of a hearing aid prescription.

I’m in full agreement that fraud is bad for all but nothing wrong with getting everything you are legally and morally entitled to.

P.S. If you have Tesco Clubcard vouchers you can get any of these rail cards for a third of the price. 

You are quite right I do not wear a mini skirt or any other type of skirt, strictly a trouser guy. My avatar was the name of my first Golden retriever, sadly passed on now. My new dog is Toby a beautiful golden retriever again.

2 Likes