Forum Problem

Anybody else getting double entries in the Forum again?

Alf

Anybody else getting double entries in the Forum again?

Alf

Before login - yes. After, double posts in the unanswered point only. Second day. Ramsay will fix it when he has time.

Double post!

I’ve noticed this is happening again…

Thought it was me, just put another dash of water in my Whisky !
It was also happening last night, thought it was this laptop, re booted it still the same

The forum issue was being looked at by the committe but as with all committe decisions a lifetime will pass before a define decision is made.

A wee bit harsh, given that they are un-paid volunteers giving of their own time!  It’s hardly a life endangering problem after all!

Yes, on a frequent basis.

I’m not being harsh in the slightest,I appreciate the club is run by volunteers and I for one applaud them.

The forum issue has been brought up again and again and paid up club members (not only me) are saying the forum is not fit for purpose.

I believe the issue is being looked at but I repeat my statement, committees, for whatever reason they are formed take ages to make decisions.

It may not be a life endangering problem I agree but it is annoying.

Fine, report the problem but don’t start knocking those dealing with it, you don’t know what’s involved.  Of course you could always volunteer your services…  I speak as a paid-up OC member.

Well it does the job for me and many other people, sometimes it is a bit slow but aren’t we all at times 

A good single malt whisky takes about ten years, and that’s worth waiting for as well 

The Forum problems have been highlighted time and time again, it is not fit for purpose for an international club.

How do you know I don’t already offer my services?

But my point is the forum shouldn’t be slow, there is no need for it to be slow

As if to highlight my point, the forum has taken 6 minutes to upload my last two posts.

It’s not getting any better today, I’ve aborted two attempts to post already this PM, wonder if this will post

Very slow and lots of double posts.

H’mm - If he comes on (I doubt it) Karl will probably say “It’s fine” - – Sorry, I can’t remember the movie, but the quote is from one. The main plea is “Yes, we know, we are working on it - please stop reminding us”.

Enough scratching always get’s rid of an itch. (Well – nearly always)

Certainly no better