Forum speed

Hi

Hope I have the right section here.  I have a really fast PC with Quad core i7 processor 16 gigs of ram ssd for operating system etc. Usually I cant click on things fast enough as it happens instantly. This is why I built the fast system. I am a member of several other forums for cars/bikes etc and all of them are lightening fast on my PC. Unfortunately on the MX5 owners forum it takes up to a minute to load the initial page and if I try to make a post it can take ages. Indeed this is my second attempt at this post as when I clicked post it sat waiting for a response from the server for a minute then came up error 44 . Surely I can’t be the only person suffering from this. I would love to spend more time on the forum having just become the owner of my first MX5 but it’s like working with dialup on a zx spectrum in the 80s.

Yes I agree does not work properly on my iPad…

enjoy your MX5 hopefully it will be quicker than this site…

stick with it, I do…

cheers

MF 

Unfortunately Squidger, slow loading times, and often the dreaded ‘404 NOT FOUND’ messages are a feature of this forum, and to be frank, have been off and on, since I joined in November 2016 - perhaps even before then !

Sometimes the site behaves itself for weeks on end, and we think the problems have been solved, but sooner or later they return.  At the moment, we are going through a bad patch.

There have been many many posts about this over the time I have been a member, and if you search the archive, you will find them I’m sure.  I’m a self-confessed ‘techno-thickie’, and have no idea why this should happen, or what the answer is.  So, like every other member, I wait patiently (!) for the tech boys to achieve a lasting solution…

Never commented on it before but so slow today that I am about to give up.

yep, me too, I’m having a word about it again. It needs serious effort to make the thing work! It was offline for about 20 minutes just now… 

I couldn’t access and got a “503”, makes a change from the “404” though!

It’s been said so many times and had so many complaints but nothing is ever done about this forum issue.

I’m seriously considering not renewing my membership if this carries on .

That’s because you are of higher caliber than the rest of us.  

Double trouble today.  After taking a minute or so to load, I find that all the section headings and thread titles are appearing twice.  Always something new. 

Just me, or is everyone seeing the same?

Ma5da’s comment about possibly not renewing his membership because of this forum problem should be a wake-up call to the powers-that-be at MX-5 OC Towers.

Whilst not the only benefit of being a member of this club, the forum could well be the main reason some pay their membership fee each year, so the possibility of losing members en masse should be a warning sign perhaps, and encourage the administrators to get this problem fixed once and for all !

This matter is on the agenda for this Saturdays NCM

[

Excellent , will you please let us all know what becomes out of the meeting please.

uote=mal jones;727044]

This matter is on the agenda for this Saturdays NCM

[/quote]

This matter is on the agenda for Saturdays NCM,

It has just taken over a minute for me to reply to Mal’s post, it may well be on the agenda but that will not solve anythting, it needs whoever runs the forum to sort it out.