Forum temporarily locked & some thanks

Everyone,

The forum is temporarily locked for all new posts and replies whilst we migrate the data over to our new forum. The new forum is expected to be live on Monday, when we look forward to welcoming you to the future.

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been part of this version of the forum over the past 7 or 8 years that it has been live. Whether you’ve been an active poster, an occasional poster, or even just a reader, it has been great having you here.

For me, personally, this website change largely marks the end of my time administrating the club’s website, forum, and various other backend services. I’ve been actively involved with these aspects of the club for over 11 years now, and I can honestly say it has been a great experience, if not a bit of a rollercoaster. Whilst I am happy to have a break (and to be able to go on holiday without being ‘on call’ for the first time in a decade!), I’ll greatly miss being so actively involved with such a great group of passionate people behind the scenes.

Special thanks go out to everyone I’ve worked with. In particular all of the mods, Jim & Mattie in membership admin, our ex-chairman Roger Mead who was a great support, and especially our current chairman Martin Curtis, who in his previous role helped kick-off my involvement in the first place in 2008.

I’ll still be involved with some light administration and moderation of the new forum, so I haven’t quite disappeared yet.

Shiny! :slight_smile: