Found a decent Wireless Android Auto adaptor

I have an ND RF 2017 where the previous owner fitted an Android Auto conversion kit - so that I could use my Android phone by connecting my phone to the USB port on the console and that seemed to work fine.
However, it presented two problems for me.

• I don’t like my phone battery being charged above 80% - which is what will happen sooner or later when plugged into the USB port.
  • Even though I fitted a Brodit bracket, I am just not happy with the location of the phone - sometimes I knock it when changing gears and it partially blocks some of the controls, etc.
    I would much prefer leaving the phone in my pocket and only plugging it in when I am low on juice.

I saw this adaptor/dongle on offer for £40 a couple of weeks back Amazon.co.uk - so decided to give it a try. Worst case I would use Amazon’s great return service to send it back if it was naff.

Anyway, it seems to work quite well - once set up, it has connected wirelessly to my phone each time. The only exception was when I ordered a 2nd one for our CX-30 and installed that. When I then drove the MX-5 for the 1s time (after setting up the above) it did not automatically connect until I fiddled with Bluetooth and Wifi Direct connections on my phone.
On subsequent uses, it seems to behave itself so far - and reconnected to the dongle in the CX-30 and also the MX-5 when I drove that…

I think you are being concerned over nothing regarding charging beyond 80% My Galaxy S10 is coming up on 5 years old, is spends all night, every night on charge and will still operate all day, including internet use and everything that comes with modern phone usage.
The times when charge is and issue is wireless Android Auto, I have a similar device to you, which places a significant drain on the battery and results in me having a power bank in the glove box which I plug into if driving any distance.