Frightening Fives Halloween: Sunday 28th October

Frightening Fives Halloween: Drive and Fancy Dress Competition

No tricks, just pic’s and treats

Time and Date: 1:30pm, Sunday the 28th of October

Meeting: Sainsbury’s Car Park Longwater, Norwich

Stage 1: Scenic Drive leaving at 1:45pm (40 miles, 1 hour and 30 mins)

• Going through the Haunted forests of Ringland Hills: be careful of the ghouls and monsters!
  • Visiting the Little Witch-in-ham: can you smell the cauldrons bubbling with her magic potion?
  • Past Blicking Hall: look out for the ghost of Anne Boleyn, the famous wife on Henry VIII that haunts the estate?
  • Through Baconsthorpe: look out got the ghostly sentry standing on the castle walls!
  • Ending at Sheringham Station car park: don’t scare the children boarding the Halloween Express!
Stage 2: Halloween “Pic and Treat” 3:30pm (1 hour)

At Sheringham Station you will receive details of photos you need to take on route to Cromer and a list of items to collect on the way to earn points.  You will have one hour to complete this and arrive at Cromer car park before sunset at 4:30pm when the ghouls and monster come out to play.

The car park is at the top of the cliffs 61-63 Runton Rd, Cromer NR27 9AU

Cromer: Photos and Prizes 4:30pm

We will all meet at the car park in Cromer, take a few photos of the cars, and walk down to the Norfolk’s most haunted location, Cromer Pier.

The ghost of a well-known impresario and a host of hauntings mean that Cromer Pier is a magnet for paranormal investigators - those spirits do love to be beside the seaside.

We will get some photos taken of us on Cromer pier and award the prizes/ trophies for:

• Best Halloween fancy dress
  • Best Halloween decorated car or best pumpkin carving
  • Most points in the “trick or treat challenge”
Getting something to eat (5:00pm)

After the photos have been taken and the prizes have been awarded it will be time to find some food.  We are not booking a table. Instead you will have a choice of where you want to go, at your own pace. A couple of recommendations are…

The bucket List (open to 6pm): Bucket List opened in a horsebox trailer in Paul’s Lane Car Park in Overstrand in June last year and has ‘gained a big following’ for its tasty toppings which change daily. Flavours on offer include garlic mushrooms with peppercorn sauce and chisagne, complete with beef Bolognese, parmesan, white sauce and blitzed garlic bread. All the chips are hand-cut and come in a belly-busting 800ml bucket which costs £6.95. The Bucket List has opened its first permanent shop in Cromer at 9a Hamilton Road in the old Waverley Cake Shop.

No1 (open to 8pm): No1 Cromer is the latest restaurant from renowned chef, Galton Blackiston. Locally sourced produce is at the heart of the menu and the ethos of No1 Cromer. We are delighted with our latest rating in the Times News Paper as the 6th best place to eat by the sea. 1 New St, Cromer NR27 9HP, Fish and Chips is circa £12.50, Burger and Chips circa £12.95, open until 8pm.

If you don’t want to do fancy dress, please feel free to join us for the drive and for food at Cromer. Please let us know if you plan on joining us.

List

1.  Ian F
  2.  John L
  3.  Dawn L
  4.  Michelle M
  5.  Chris B
  6.  Katie M
  7.  Paul D
  8.  Sue D
  9.  Lydia D
  10.  Dave P
  11.  William M
  12.  Lynda M
  13.  John
  14.  Caroline
  15.  Paul G
  16.  Lisa
  17.  Amie
  18.  Ray
  19.  Lesley
  20.  Roy
  21.  Wendy
  22.  Simon
  23.  Christine
  24.  Paul Den
  25.  Linda
  26.  Mark W 
  27.  Kevino TBC
  28.  Caroline DW
  29.  Graham P
  30.  Ruth
  31.  Brian
  32.  Simon P
  33.  Simon P son

Spooky… we are in…

John & Dawn

Hi,

count me in! ??

michelle

Hello Ian could you put me Sue and Lydia on the list please

Perfect. You are all on the list. 

Im off work so stick me down…

Im gonna dress up a Fiat 500 as an MX5 Killer

Hi Ian,

Please add William and Lynda to the list,

List updated. I will be doing a test of the route soon, and my costume has been ordered.

If anyone wants to join us and not do fancy dress, that is perfectly ok. It should be a fun event!

Hello, can you add John and Caroline to your list - moved into Norfolk in June. Just getting sorted now…

Sorry f9r the delay, i have been manic at work. You are on this list. It should be fun event. 

Hi Ian

Please add us to the list.

Be nice to see you all again

Regards 

Ray & Lesley

Will be great to see you. I have added you to the list. 

Hi Ian,

Please add Roy and Wendy to the list please.

You are on the list.

hi simon and Christine will be there

I have added you to the list

Count me in ??

Hi I have joined last week and also got my first mx5 can I come along to this drive?

Regards Caroline DW

Of course you are more than welcome. I will add you on the list.