Front Lower Chassis Brace/ Front Lower Chassis Y Brace

Hi everyone, I am currently wanting to change my Front Lower Brace or some call it the Y Brace. Is there any suggestions on which brand I should go for? I have seen a red one for sale on MX5 Parts (not sure the brand) but its currently out of stock. It will be great to get some advise on the brand I should go for and will it make much difference compared to stock. Thanks

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2011 MX5 NC Miyako
  2. I’m based near: West Midlands
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Front Lower Brace

The ones I’ve seen available are il MotorSport (the red ones) and ultra racing (white ones).

Can’t comment on stiffness but it appears they will be a lot lighter than oem being alloy construction. If I fully soundproof my car I am considering switching out for them to offset any weight gain for what it’s worth.

Would you recommend me to get Ultra Racing or IL Motorsport ones

I have a IL Motorsport one front middle and rear upper I was quite surprised how different the car felt perhaps placebo who knows

What are you actually wanting to achieve with the swap? The stock one is pretty stout, just heavy. But weight so low down and fairly central is about the last place I’d look for savings.

There’s some braces available for the NC that are either additional (ie in places that don’t have braces), or tie existing braces together more, they’d definitely be the places I’d consider first.

My current one is rusted and my MOT is coming soon, just wanted to get any recommendations since I will have to change.