Front subframe lower cross member Mk3.5

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Mk3.5 2L Sport Tech
  2. I’m based near: Lichfield
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __source of replacement OEM cross member.

Hi. This component seems out of stock most places I’ve checked. MX-5 Parts seem to have brace items as part of a 5 part aluminium made kit. Not clear if this specific component or its functional counterpart is included or not. Even so, for consistency, would probably go for OEM fitment for the time being. Any sources suggested?

Thank you. That looks perfect!

Would you know - Is the removal and refitting straightforward?

Few bolts mate, straightforward, spray up bolts with wd40 maybe the day before removal.

1 Like

Agree with PaleRider up to a point, I would use a penetrating oil and not WD40 which is a Water Disperser made from fish oil. The 40 bit is related to the number of attempts made in research before they came up with the formula.

1 Like

Great. Thanks!

Shouldn’t be too expensive to get it blasted and powder coated and then just chase all the threads with a tap. Then you’ve pretty much got a brand new item.

Just collected the item from Ian over at Bridgtown. Great guy and really knowledgeable. At only a 15 minute drive away I suspect I’m going to become a regular customer. Thanks for the lead!

What a result. I’d been watching a few bits of his just in case I found any rusted parts that needed replacing. Didn’t even notice how close it was to you. :sunglasses:

His Unit is like Aladdin’s cave. Two business catering separately for used and new parts. Well worth a visit - just call ahead to make sure staff are there. I feel greatly reassured to have this facility so close at hand :smile::clap:

Ian was saying they have an article in the next edition of the Club mag btw.

Bit too far for me but great to hear you have one so local :+1: